    I am going to replace the servers role for the link between the WAN and LAN and have everything working well but no real solution to replace what SoftPerfect provided. I have done a great deal of reading and research prior to this post on rate-limits, shaping, policing, etc. So I understand the basic options that I have with router, but I was looking for a good dissection of the process to ensure I am not revisiting this for days to come.

    I am looking to limit bandwidth to about 40 users with upload rates of 80K and download rates at 160K for each user. There would be a few exceptions to this policy as well. I have been working on building access-list for each user (both in and out bound), class-maps for each access-list, and then the policy-map. Shaping looks to be a preferred way to go but policing calls for less configuration, or do I have this confused?

    I would like someone with any ounce of knowledge and experience to share a snippet config to how I should tie all this together and play it out. Thanks in advance and do not hide the big terms, I am a Network Engineer in the real world just never had to venture this route before. If I do not get any feedback here I will eventually get it right just trying to work the wheel in its working form here.
    GovSlave, Mar 17, 2011

  2. GovSlave

    GovSlave

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Update!!! If anyone shows up to help out

    I have got the shaping for download to work perfectly, like magic! Now with the upload shaping is not an option, instead policing is and it is horrible. I could use an alternative suggestion to policing that does not flush the session once the max is met every time.

    Thanks again for any advice.
    GovSlave, Mar 17, 2011