  1. whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    --
    the jobby
    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=, Aug 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    CBIC Guest

    the j0bby wrote:
    > whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    Depends which disease you contract.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Aug 25, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "the j0bby" <> wrote in message
    > whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    Just use protection and it's not a problem.
    Frisbee®, Aug 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    kpg Guest

    the j0bby <> said something like

    > # Host-Name Conflict: file://c:\temp\170521.htm (8/25/2005 11:25:06 AM) #
    > whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    Contracting jobs or contracting STDs?

    I have two completly different thoughts depending on which you mean.

    --
    kpg BSCS A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    kpg, Aug 25, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?= spewed across
    the ether:

    > whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    That would depend a great deal on the nature of the contract.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 25, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    kpg Guest

    CBIC <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\170522.htm (8/25/2005
    > 11:29:52 AM) # the j0bby wrote:
    >> whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    > Depends which disease you contract.

    Missed it by that much.
    kpg, Aug 25, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > whats your thoughts on/experience with contracting?

    More money, less security.
    Higher taxes, no insurance.

    It's risk vs. reward. Make a choice.
    Jtyc, Aug 25, 2005
  8. *tumbleweed*
    --
    the jobby

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGpvYmJ5?=, Aug 25, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    CBIC Guest

    the jobby wrote:
    > *tumbleweed*

    Uh, cactus?
    CBIC, Aug 25, 2005
  10. 4 replys in about 5mins, all along the same line!

    MCNGP = minds in the gutter
    --
    the jobby

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGpvYmJ5?=, Aug 25, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Consultant Guest

    i think it's fantastic

    Consultant, Aug 25, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    CBIC Guest

    Consultant wrote:
    > i think it's fantastic

    Says the guy making 150K\yr.
    CBIC, Aug 25, 2005
  13. I guess I'm asking from the point of view of building a depth of experience,
    which may be difficult in the more restrictive world of perm job, offset
    against:

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGpvYmJ5?=, Aug 25, 2005
  14. better ask the keyboardcowboy
    --
    the jobby

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGpvYmJ5?=, Aug 25, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Jtyc Guest

    >i think it's fantastic

    You must work in a great place.
    Jtyc, Aug 25, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Consultant Guest

    most contracting positions require you to have the knowledge coming into it,
    thus the need for a consultant, not a trainee. take a perm job, have them
    pay for you to pick up these skills, then enter the world of consulting. but
    you better be well polished or you will not last long.

    "i eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast"
    "you eat sh*t for breakfast"
    long pause
    "no"

    Consultant, Aug 25, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Consultant Guest

    no, i hate it, actually

    Consultant, Aug 25, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    kpg Guest

    the jobby <> said something like

    > # Host-Name Conflict: file://c:\temp\170530.htm (8/25/2005 11:52:17 AM) #
    > 4 replys in about 5mins, all along the same line!
    >
    > MCNGP = minds in the gutter

    No, no, no, it's not that at all.

    It's just with all the groupies...well we're
    just very sensitive about contracting things.

    you know, like Rock Stars. only more so.

    --
    kpg BSCS A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
    kpg, Aug 25, 2005
  19. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    > Consultant wrote:
    >> i think it's fantastic
    >>

    > Says the guy making 150K\yr.

    That was last week. He's gotten another raise.
    Frisbee®, Aug 25, 2005
  20. =?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGowYmJ5?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Consultant <> rambled: