    but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
    May I do everything with mirror locked up?

    Thanks a lot! Danilo

    Danilo, Dec 9, 2004

  2. "Danilo" <
    > Hello from Danilo!
    > If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?
    >
    > I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
    > a few time at high resolution.
    > I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
    > everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
    > but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
    > May I do everything with mirror locked up?
    >
    > Thanks a lot! Danilo

    I don't think you can bypass the CF card. Also mine stops at three shots
    in the raw setting to unload the buffer. You need AC power to operate
    the mirror lockup feature (with adapter) or I think an authorized Nikon
    dealer can set it up. Why not just use a big enough CF card and a remote
    cable shutter release?

    Fletis Humplebacker, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

    > "Danilo" <
    >> Hello from Danilo!
    >> If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?
    >>
    >> I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
    >> a few time at high resolution.
    >> I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
    >> everything. Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
    >> but in how much time Pc downloads the images?
    >> May I do everything with mirror locked up?
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot! Danilo

    > I don't think you can bypass the CF card.

    This is possible with Nikon Capture.

    > You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

    No, just set the custom function for it.

    Walter

    Walter Hofmann, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Danilo

    Guest

    Archived from Danilo <> on Thu, 09 Dec 2004 17:06:03 +0100:

    >Hello from Danilo!
    >If you have a Nikon D100, may you answer some question?
    >
    >I need to link the D100 to a Pc and take a lot of pictures (30-40) in
    >a few time at high resolution.
    >I need also not to touch the camera body, so Pc must control
    >everything.

    You can achieve what you want with Nikon Capture 4. You can bypass the
    camera's memory and write directly to your PC.

    >Specs document say that D100 can get 5 images at 3 fps,
    >but in how much time Pc downloads the images?

    Depends on the size of the images and the speed of your PC. I would count
    too heavily on the D100 running at 3fps. Always seemed slower than that even
    with my Lexar Pro WA 80x cards.

    >May I do everything with mirror locked up?

    Not with mirror locked up but you can select the option, which raises the
    mirror before releasing the shutter thereby reducing camera movements.

    vm

    , Dec 10, 2004
  5. "Walter Hofmann"
    > Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

    > > You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

    > No, just set the custom function for it.

    > Walter

    That isn't a true mirror lockup. It is no different than using the timer.
    A true mirror lockup will allow for instant shutter release.

    Fletis Humplebacker, Dec 10, 2004
  6. Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

    > "Walter Hofmann"
    >> Fletis Humplebacker <!> schrieb:

    >> > You need AC power to operate the mirror lockup feature (with adapter)

    >> No, just set the custom function for it.

    >> Walter

    > That isn't a true mirror lockup. It is no different than using the timer.
    > A true mirror lockup will allow for instant shutter release.

    The D100 can't do this at all.

    Walter

    Walter Hofmann, Dec 11, 2004