    make the lookup
    any ideas?
    TIA

    Shane (aka froggy), Apr 10, 2005

  2. On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:27:54 +1200, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

    > Update. have got postfix installed sweet
    > and it runs absosmurfly perfect, with mysql and tls
    > courier OTOH is being a poo
    > for the life of me I cant authenticate into IMAP nor POP3
    > (trying with telnet)
    > My guess is courier isnt making mysql lookups, or its misinterpreting the
    > returns.
    > MYSQL logs arent showing any errors, and I cant find how to watch courier
    > make the lookup
    > any ideas?
    > TIA

    er.. hold that thought.. some idiot didnt uncomment log= in my.cnf

    (ever noticed that within 3-5 seconds of posting the answer suddenly comes
    to you... despite 3 days of looking :-\

    Shane (aka froggy), Apr 10, 2005

  3. Shane (aka froggy)

    Enkidu Guest

    Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
    > On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:27:54 +1200, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
    >

    >>Update. have got postfix installed sweet
    >>and it runs absosmurfly perfect, with mysql and tls
    >>courier OTOH is being a poo
    >>for the life of me I cant authenticate into IMAP nor POP3
    >>(trying with telnet)
    >>My guess is courier isnt making mysql lookups, or its misinterpreting the
    >>returns.
    >>MYSQL logs arent showing any errors, and I cant find how to watch courier
    >>make the lookup
    >>any ideas?
    >>

    > er.. hold that thought.. some idiot didnt uncomment log= in my.cnf
    >
    > (ever noticed that within 3-5 seconds of posting the answer suddenly comes
    > to you... despite 3 days of looking :-\

    Do you have the courier authdeamon running? Is authmysql in
    the "authmodulelist" in authdaemonrc?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 10, 2005
  4. In article <4258c6f7$>,
    Enkidu <> wrote:

    >Is authmysql in the "authmodulelist" in authdaemonrc?

    I suppose the answer to that would have to be "authyes" or "authno".

    Authjust authkidding... :)

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 10, 2005

  5. >> er.. hold that thought.. some idiot didnt uncomment log= in my.cnf

    >> (ever noticed that within 3-5 seconds of posting the answer suddenly comes
    >> to you... despite 3 days of looking :-\
    > >

    > Do you have the courier authdeamon running? Is authmysql in
    > the "authmodulelist" in authdaemonrc?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    yes and yes
    I have mysql logging correctly now, and indeed courier is making the
    appropriate mysql queries, when I get a chance I intend having a very
    close look at those queries as I saw a post _somewhere_ (god knows where)
    where someone had courier having too many somethings in its request

    heres where its up to
    6 Connect root@localhost on
    6 Init DB provider
    6 Query SELECT email, "", clear, 5000, 5000, "/home/vmail",concat(email,'/'), "", "", "" FROM
    users WHERE email = ""
    6 Quit

    I havent looked at this properly yet, so if ya spot something obvious give
    me a tantrum or two before ya spill :)

    Shane (aka froggy), Apr 10, 2005