Continuing problem trying to download Voip program

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by john royce, Aug 1, 2009.

  1. john royce

    john royce Guest

    I have a continuing problem with trying to download the 'voipstunt' voip
    phone download program.

    If I disable my Comodo antivirus by turning *off* the antivirus security
    level and the defense and security level I can then without trouble download
    the Voipstunt file:

    http://download.voipstunt.com/setupvoipstunt.exe

    which then successfully connects me to the voipstunt voip phone service.

    But when I *enable* the Comodo antivirus again, Comodo says that the file,

    "C:\Program Files\VoipStunt.com\VoipStunt\VoipStunt.exe" is a threat.
    (Note the extra 'VoipStunt' that has appeared in the file name). and this
    then
    gets deleted presumably by Comodo.

    I cannot find either of these two files from searching my 'C' drive. When i
    go to add remove programs I see that the file labelled VoipStunt file has
    reduced from the original 3.92MB to 2.02 MB.

    I have run SpyBot search and destroy several times and it makes no
    difference. Novice grateful for any further advice. Many thanks.

    john royce, Aug 1, 2009

  2. In message <h521h1$3ft$-september.org>, "john royce" wrote:
    > I have a continuing problem with trying to download the 'voipstunt' voip
    > phone download program.
    >
    > If I disable my Comodo antivirus by turning *off* the antivirus security
    > level and the defense and security level I can then without trouble download
    > the Voipstunt file:
    >
    > http://download.voipstunt.com/setupvoipstunt.exe
    >
    > which then successfully connects me to the voipstunt voip phone service.
    >
    > But when I *enable* the Comodo antivirus again, Comodo says that the file,

    Didnt know Comodo made AV software.
    Knew about their excellent firewall tho...the freebie won anyway...

    > "C:\Program Files\VoipStunt.com\VoipStunt\VoipStunt.exe" is a threat.
    > (Note the extra 'VoipStunt' that has appeared in the file name). and
    > this
    > then
    > gets deleted presumably by Comodo.

    Should be a setting in the Comodo program to "allow" any given program to
    operate.
    Hmmmm...wonder if theres a Comodo forum...
    Wowzers! there is!

    http://forums.comodo.com/

    > I cannot find either of these two files from searching my 'C' drive. When
    > go to add remove programs I see that the file labelled VoipStunt file has
    > reduced from the original 3.92MB to 2.02 MB.
    >
    > I have run SpyBot search and destroy several times and it makes no
    > difference. Novice grateful for any further advice. Many thanks.

    Ask on their forum since they're nice enough to maintain one.

    HTH

    --
    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 1, 2009

  3. john royce

    chuckcar Guest

    "john royce" <> wrote in

    > I have a continuing problem with trying to download the 'voipstunt' voip
    > phone download program.
    >
    > If I disable my Comodo antivirus by turning *off* the antivirus security
    > level and the defense and security level I can then without trouble
    > download the Voipstunt file:
    >
    > http://download.voipstunt.com/setupvoipstunt.exe

    So you have a local normal phone line - which you pay around $20/month for
    and you have high speed internet - which you pay $50-$100/month for. These
    are minimum numbers. If your's are higher, you'd have to use those numbers
    below of course. In addition you would be paying voipstunt (questionable
    name IMHO) for long distance calls at *their* rate. Now you *could* get
    one hour of their free calls and that *might* be worth $70 over what you'd
    get from your existing phone company. (absolute minimum for it to be an
    advantage), although that's doubtful. Otherwise, you'd have to make that
    up in less than 5,000 minutes on their rates versus the local telephone
    number and make more than $70/month difference *every* month. Good luck on
    that.

    VOIP is a suckers game.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )