Continue previous session in Firefox?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Cueball, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Cueball

    Cueball Guest

    Greetings,

    I recently switched over from Opera to Firefox, and I like it quite a bit. One thing that I found that I miss is the ability to
    retain/continue the pages used in the previous session when Firefox is re-started. I'm one of those people who will keep several webpages
    open with the intent of reading them later, and it would be great to recover them in case of a crash/reboot.

    I don't see anything like that on Firefox now. If not, are there plans for such a feature in the future?
    -Mark
    Cueball, Mar 24, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Cueball

    Justin Guest

    Cueball wrote on [Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:26:28 -0500]:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I recently switched over from Opera to Firefox, and I like it quite a bit. One thing that I found that I miss is the ability to
    > retain/continue the pages used in the previous session when Firefox is re-started. I'm one of those people who will keep several webpages
    > open with the intent of reading them later, and it would be great to recover them in case of a crash/reboot.
    >
    > I don't see anything like that on Firefox now. If not, are there plans for such a feature in the future?
    > -Mark


    You mean like Session Saver?

    Install this plugin
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166

    It will do what you want.
    Justin, Mar 24, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Cueball

    Cueball Guest

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:26:24 GMT, Justin <> wrote:
    >You mean like Session Saver?
    >
    >Install this plugin
    >http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166
    >
    >It will do what you want.


    That just made my day. I officially have no reason to keep Opera around anymore.
    -Mark
    Cueball, Mar 24, 2005
    #3
  4. Cueball

    ..brian.. Guest

    ..brian.., Mar 24, 2005
    #4
  5. Cueball

    Justin Guest

    Justin, Mar 24, 2005
    #5
  6. Justin wrote:
    > ..brian.. wrote on [24 Mar 2005 13:46:28 -0800]:
    >
    >>Justin wrote:
    >>[snip]
    >>
    >>>Install this plugin
    >>>http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166

    >>
    >>That's an extension, not a plugin.

    >
    >
    > Yeah yeah.


    No, its an important distinction. Extensions add certain functionality
    to an existing program, in this case Firefox. Plugins are separate
    programs that are set up to work with Firefox.

    Calling an extension a plugin only serves to confuse people.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 24, 2005
    #6
  7. Cueball

    Justin Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote on [Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:27:30 GMT]:
    > Justin wrote:
    >> ..brian.. wrote on [24 Mar 2005 13:46:28 -0800]:
    >>
    >>>Justin wrote:
    >>>[snip]
    >>>
    >>>>Install this plugin
    >>>>http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166
    >>>
    >>>That's an extension, not a plugin.

    >>
    >>
    >> Yeah yeah.

    >
    > No, its an important distinction. Extensions add certain functionality
    > to an existing program, in this case Firefox. Plugins are separate
    > programs that are set up to work with Firefox.
    >
    > Calling an extension a plugin only serves to confuse people.


    I know... It just so happened I was talking about plugins with someone
    as I was typing the response.
    Justin, Mar 25, 2005
    #7
  8. Justin wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote on [Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:27:30 GMT]:
    >
    >>Justin wrote:
    >>
    >>>..brian.. wrote on [24 Mar 2005 13:46:28 -0800]:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Justin wrote:
    >>>>[snip]
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>Install this plugin
    >>>>>http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=166
    >>>>
    >>>>That's an extension, not a plugin.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Yeah yeah.

    >>
    >>No, its an important distinction. Extensions add certain functionality
    >>to an existing program, in this case Firefox. Plugins are separate
    >>programs that are set up to work with Firefox.
    >>
    >>Calling an extension a plugin only serves to confuse people.

    >
    >
    > I know... It just so happened I was talking about plugins with someone
    > as I was typing the response.


    We've all done it!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 25, 2005
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Andy J.
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    480
    John Thompson
    May 31, 2005
  2. kalim
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,079
    kalim
    Jul 12, 2007
  3. Prisoner at War

    WHY DOES FIREFOX CONTINUE TO DO THIS????

    Prisoner at War, Aug 25, 2008, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    404
    Prisoner at War
    Aug 25, 2008
  4. joevan
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    451
    chuckcar
    Oct 14, 2010
  5. Respondant
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    429
    Respondant
    Oct 14, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page