Continous QoS Concept - Access -> Core

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by udo, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. udo

    udo Guest

    Hi,

    I should implement a QoS Concept in a given network.
    The main components are
    Access - cat 4500,
    Distribution and Core - 6509
    The first QoS step is to configure for VoIP.
    I would like to implement the 'conditionally-trusted IP Phone with
    Scavenger-Class QoS(Basic) Model
    The configuration in the Cat 4506 is ok because it is possible to cfg
    it via class-map and policy maps and place it to the incoming Interface
    where the IP phone and pc connected is.
    So what is the next step ?
    Should I cfg queuing in the downstream interface to the distribution
    switches ?
    And what about this cfg in the cat 6509 ? It is not possible to cfg the
    'conditionally-trusted IP Phone with Scavenger-Class QoS(Basic) Model'
    with the cisco IOS ?
    The cisco model for the distribution means : trust dscp, interfacegroup
    line card dependent queuing and dropping !!??
    For me it means I cfg in the distribution/core trust dscp in the
    upstream interfaces to the access/distribution router ?!
    but where shoud i implement queuing and dropping ? and what strategy ??

    thanks
    udo, Jun 5, 2006