    only use google, can I just have it set for only google like it was
    before in v1.5?...(Without the going back and forth to reset the
    proper search engine)? TIA and take care

    Willie Buck Merle, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Willie Buck Merle wrote:
    > Hello, hope you are doing well. I used FF v1.5 for so long and now
    > have finally upgraded and am dealing with that trauma. Now in this
    > version when you do a 'Search for' in the context menu it uses
    > whatever search engine is in that upper menubar field box. I really
    > only use google, can I just have it set for only google like it was
    > before in v1.5?...(Without the going back and forth to reset the
    > proper search engine)? TIA and take care

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for these
    two entries:

    browser.search.defaultenginename
    browser.search.order.1

    once found, double click on them and change them to Google.
    You may have to restart the program for it to set.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 9, 2007

  3. PP,
    Thanks for your response. I tried your fix but I guess I wasn't clear
    enough with my query description... how can a user set Google to
    always be the 'Search for' engine in the context menu regardless of
    any current search engine selected. Your solution will set the default
    search engine to Google, but when a user changes the search engine to
    another the context menu 'Search for' will change as well to that
    particular one. In v1.5 it was always set for just one particular
    search engine in the context menu.. I liked it that way :)

    take care and thanx again

    Willie Buck Merle, Nov 10, 2007