    their context menus. For instance WinRar, ExtractNow. Is there some
    solution?

    Kate
    Kate, Dec 6, 2008

  2. The program must have some x64 components. 7-Zip has both a
    32-bit and a 64-bit version. For them to show their context
    menus, you must use a 64-bit version.

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 6, 2008

  3. Kate

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 06/12/2008 in message <#63C$> Kate wrote:

    >Several of my programs installed and working in Vista 64 don't show their
    >context menus. For instance WinRar, ExtractNow. Is there some solution?
    >
    >Kate

    Check the software publishers' sites for 64 bit versions. In XP x64 you
    can run Explorer in 32 bit mode, if you can do that in Vista they should
    re-appear.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    By the time you can make ends meet they move the ends
    Jeff Gaines, Dec 6, 2008
  4. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Bobby Johnson wrote:
    > The program must have some x64 components. 7-Zip has both a 32-bit and
    > a 64-bit version. For them to show their context menus, you must use a
    > 64-bit version.
    >
    > Kate wrote:
    >> Several of my programs installed and working in Vista 64 don't show
    >> their context menus. For instance WinRar, ExtractNow. Is there some
    >> solution?
    >>
    >> Kate

    Thanks. I have gotten what 64 bit ones I could find. I am exploring
    different software. I'll try 7zip
    Kate, Dec 6, 2008
  5. Kate

    Carlos Guest

    Kate,
    Look no further, WinRAR 32-bit has all you need to work properly in 64-bit
    versions of Windows, both XP and Vista.
    Launch WinRAR, click Options, Settings and go to the "Integration" tab.
    Make sure you have the three options under "Shell Integration"checked.
    Click, Accept and exit WinRAR.
    That should do it.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 6, 2008
  6. Kate

    Kate Guest

    Did that to start with. Even drilled down to select which ones I wanted.
    rebooted. Stood on my head and made three wishes!! They don't show in
    context menu.
    Kate

    Kate, Dec 6, 2008