    daykin Guest

    hope someone can help, when i click an email link "mailto:...' xp doesnt
    automatically start in in oe as it used to, how can i rectify this

    daykin, May 1, 2005

  2. daykin

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:30:12 +1200, "daykin" <>
    wrote:

    >hope someone can help, when i click an email link "mailto:...' xp doesnt
    >automatically start in in oe as it used to, how can i rectify this

    Ok, so what does it do?

    Evan Platt, May 1, 2005

  3. daykin

    Sultan Guest

    "daykin" <> wrote in news:UaXce.2531$Od6.393248
    @news.xtra.co.nz:

    > hope someone can help, when i click an email link "mailto:...' xp

    doesnt
    > automatically start in in oe as it used to, how can i rectify this

    You need to go into My Computer (or any system folder) and select
    Tools - Folder Options- File Types tab and select the URL:MailTo
    Protocol and reassociate it with OE. This is how I change this in 2K
    but XP should be similar.

    --

    Sultan

    Sultan, May 1, 2005
  4. daykin

    Tina Guest

    "daykin" <> wrote in message
    > hope someone can help, when i click an email link "mailto:...' xp
    > doesnt automatically start in in oe as it used to, how can i rectify
    > this

    Type this in the Start | Run box

    regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    --
    Tina

    Tina, May 1, 2005
  5. daykin

    daykin Guest

    nothing at all

    daykin, May 1, 2005
  6. daykin

    °Mike° Guest

    In <UaXce.2531$>,
    daykin took 4 lines to utter:

    >hope someone can help, when i click an email link "mailto:...' xp doesnt
    >automatically start in in oe as it used to, how can i rectify this

    Type the following into your Start / Run box:

    "c:\program files\outlook express\msimn.exe" /reg

    Obviously, change the path if necessary.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 1, 2005