    has no rating, I have tried disconnecting my firewall but that made no
    difference.
    Help!!!
    Jane Mackie, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Jane Mackie

    °Mike° Guest

    Ask the person who set the Content Advisor.

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:54:18 -0000, in
    <OjdRb.30371$>
    Jane Mackie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Standard Disclaimer: BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY!!!! To do this:

    I've made a folder entitled "RegBak" in "My Documents".
    Start>Run>regedit>then at the top Registry>Export Registry>
    Save it to the folder you have already made in My Documents.
    Make sure "All" is ticked.

    I also burn this on a CD outside of Windows and my computer. Ya never
    know!!!.....;o)

    Courtesy of Faunmaster and Art:

    http://www.pchell.com/support/contentadvisor.shtml

    How to Disable Content Advisor in Internet Explorer

    The following steps will remove any password set in the Content Adivisor
    and allow you to reset the program to its original state.

    1) Click on Start and choose Run.

    2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

    3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

    4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of
    the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version
    and Policies.

    5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

    6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key.
    Click on it and press Delete.

    7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just
    deleted your original Content Advisor password.

    8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

    9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x)

    10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a
    password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable
    Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.

    "Jane Mackie" <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news:OjdRb.30371$:

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com