  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I need help getting the Contacts Database that comes with the companion cd for Developing Web Applications With VB and C# 70-305 by Microsoft Press . Could someone post a SQL script or send an email . Thank you

    Peter, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Peter

    Maria Guest

    Hello Peter,

    You can find the database creation script on the CD, but be careful and do
    NOT run it unmodified. If you do, you will probably end up creating a bunch
    of tables in your master database...

    Make sure to adapt the CREATE DATABASE statement to match your system, and
    then run the statement separately. Once you have created the database, check
    our the calls to sp_grantdbaccess. You should replace 'ASPNET' with
    'yourmachinename\ASPNET', and remove the lines with 'db_denydatareader' and
    'db_denydatawriter' altogether.

    Check out the connection string in global.asax.vb. You may want to change
    the data source name from oemcomputer to (for example) localhost.

    If the application source files you copied from the CD are still marked read
    only, remove the write protection.

    Finally, don't forget to create a virtual folder in IIS, and point it to the
    physical folder where you have copied the application source.

    Good luck

    Maria, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I dont have the companion CD, could someone post the script from the cd, thanks

    Peter, May 3, 2004