    Any thoughts? Perhaps I have the wrong size? I hope that there is a way
    to resolve this without giving them up?

    , Apr 12, 2006

  2. JANA Guest

    You should be discussing that with your doctor, not in a public forum. In
    any case, if someone here were to have a discent knowledge about your type
    of problem, I am sure that without doing a proper eye exam and knowing your
    case, it would be difficult to tell you anything accurate.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    <> wrote in message
    I got an eye exam for contact lenses last week. I was told I have
    amazingly perfect vision and was given a trial pair of non-prescription
    colored contacts for the week. I have an appointment in a couple days
    for a followup to confirm they they have been fine for me and get the
    actual prescription to order boxes.

    The problem is this: When I have the colored contacts in they feel fine
    but my vision is blurred on my sides. If I look straight I can see
    clear but when using side/peripheral vision things get blurry at angles
    of about 50 degrees to 90 degrees.

    Has anyone else experienced this? I'll inform the doc in a couple days
    when I go back, but I'd hate to have him say that they are not for me
    and have my $100 eye exam down the drain without the prescription. If
    that would be the case I'd rather not mention it and get the Rx anyway
    to order various colors, and just limit their use instead of being
    empty handed.

    JANA, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-12, <> wrote:

    snip

    > Any thoughts? Perhaps I have the wrong size? I hope that there is a way
    > to resolve this without giving them up?

    It stands to reason that putting anything in front of the eye is going to
    effect vision. Lenses made to fit your eyes will probably work better
    than the 'off-the-shelf' ones you have at present, but don't expect
    miracles.

    I'm short-sighted, and if I use contact lenses they make everything a lot
    sharper; so I can't comment on how lenses might work if you have
    'amazingly perfect' vision.

    I would counsel you to to take good care of your eyes and not risk any
    harm to them just for the fun of having 'different colours'. Don't take
    your good sight for granted, it is a precious and irreplaceable thing.
    Spend your money on a really good pair of sun-glasses.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 12, 2006
  4. rambled on in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I got an eye exam for contact lenses last week. I was told I have
    > amazingly perfect vision and was given a trial pair of non-prescription
    > colored contacts for the week.

    snip

    If you have "amazingly perfect vision", why do you want contacts?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Brian Guest

    Aloha Whiskers!

    I went to the optometrist and had a complete exam for fitting. I didn't
    just buy a generic off the shelf. This is what they determined to be best
    for my eyes after all the machines and measuring and inspecting etc.

    Brian, Apr 12, 2006
  6. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I got an eye exam for contact lenses last week. I was told I have
    > amazingly perfect vision and was given a trial pair of non-prescription
    > colored contacts for the week. I have an appointment in a couple days

    Then dont use contacts.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 14, 2006
  7. Brian Guest

    Re:: Contacts blurry in side vision?

    As an update to anyone who saw this... The optom. said that it is normal,
    and that I am seeing a slight fuzz because as the pupil becomes larger in
    darker situations, it is actually looking at the far ends through the color
    of the contact, giving things a slight distortion haze.

    Nothing to worry about here!

    Brian, Apr 19, 2006