    Help?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Apr 28, 2009

  2. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    > Does anyone know if it costs money to call 123 from a Vodafone
    > prepay? My ADSL is working but my landline isn't. The ADSL dropped
    > out a few times in the last couple days but seems fine now. However I
    > got a call on my cell from someone who asked why my landline was
    > engaged for the last couple days. On checking I have no dial tone and
    > calling my landline from my cell results in an engaged signal.
    >
    > I tried calling 123 from my cell and got that f#@king annoying
    > computerised "Please say in a few words what you're calling about"
    > thing. Past experience with that tells me it's a 15 minute+ call, I
    > can't afford that at cell rates.
    >
    > Help?

    Belay that, I tried 0800 800 123 and am on hold to Bangalore now......

    As you were. <g>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Apr 28, 2009

  3. ~misfit~

    Woger Guest

    On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:38:01 +1200, "~misfit~" <>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if it costs money to call 123 from a Vodafone prepay? My
    >ADSL is working but my landline isn't. The ADSL dropped out a few times in
    >the last couple days but seems fine now. However I got a call on my cell
    >from someone who asked why my landline was engaged for the last couple days.
    >On checking I have no dial tone and calling my landline from my cell results
    >in an engaged signal.
    >
    >I tried calling 123 from my cell and got that f#@king annoying computerised
    >"Please say in a few words what you're calling about" thing. Past experience
    >with that tells me it's a 15 minute+ call, I can't afford that at cell
    >rates.
    >
    >Help?

    And will you get help from the Philippines as that is were the support is
    now..

    I know as I have tried it..
    Woger, Apr 29, 2009
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Don wrote:
    > In article <gt80gc$ofq$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >> Does anyone know if it costs money to call 123 from a Vodafone
    >> prepay? My ADSL is working but my landline isn't.
    >>
    >> Help?
    >>

    > Ummmm, I think the number you want is 120 (Faults), not 123 ?

    I rang 0800 800 123 and was put through to faults fairly quickly.

    > Also, try unplugging all your gear (including the adsl) from the
    > sockets, and see if that clears it.

    Did all that, including trying a basic corded phone. This isn't my first
    Telecom problem. :-(

    > Might save you some time in waiting for them.

    Thanks. They tested my line, told me it's showing as faulty and that I don't
    pay a wiring naintenance fee so if they find it's my interior wiring I'll
    have to pay a minimum fee of $85. I told him (again) that my ADSL is still
    able to pull data down at 3.8M/bit (the fastest it's ever gone here) so I
    highly doubt that it's my internal wiring.

    In the meantime all incoming calls are being diverted to me Vodafone cell
    (FOC) and, if it isn't fixed by 7pm I'm to ring 120 (from Vodafone? Maybe if
    I try 0800800120?) and quote the job number he texted me.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Apr 29, 2009