    Fiesta

    Hi there everyone at Helpdesk ! I'm new to this service but I have already been helped by info' of a general nature - thanks.
    Paul Irving.

    Paul Irving, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Paul Irving

    DC Guest

    Paul Irving wrote:

    [HTML snipped]

    Welcome! }:O)

    Here is some more useful info which I would suggest you heed.
    Otherwise, you could become "unwelcome".

    http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html
    http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/
    http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html#s2

    HMTL is for web pages. This is USENET. Help keep it clean.

    Thanks.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

    DC, Sep 4, 2004

  3. Paul Irving

    Robin Hood Guest

    "DC" <> wrote in message
    > Paul Irving wrote:
    >> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    > [HTML snipped]
    >
    > Welcome! }:O)
    >
    > Here is some more useful info which I would suggest you heed.
    > Otherwise, you could become "unwelcome".
    >
    > http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html
    > http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/
    > http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html#s2
    >
    > HMTL is for web pages. This is USENET. Help keep it clean.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001
    >
    > Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

    I thought that would be the first response.

    My number one tip is: Visit here when you need technical help or wish to
    while away a few minutes giving some, but don't expect anything other than
    abusive replies and you won't be disappointed.

    Robin Hood, Sep 4, 2004
  4. Paul Irving

    DC Guest

    Robin Hood wrote:

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >> Paul Irving wrote:
    >>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    >> [HTML snipped]

    >> Welcome! }:O)

    >> Here is some more useful info which I would suggest you heed.
    >> Otherwise, you could become "unwelcome".

    >> http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html
    >> http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/
    >> http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html#s2

    >> HMTL is for web pages. This is USENET. Help keep it clean.

    >> Thanks.

    > I thought that would be the first response.

    Your instincts were correct. Congratulations.

    > My number one tip is: Visit here when you need technical help or wish to
    > while away a few minutes giving some, but don't expect anything other than
    > abusive replies and you won't be disappointed.

    Huh?

    <clickety>

    <q>
    Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

    Abusive \A*bu"sive\, a. [Cf. F. abusif, fr. L. abusivus.]

    1. Wrongly used; perverted; misapplied.

    I am . . . necessitated to use the word Parliament
    improperly, according to the abusive acceptation
    thereof. --Fuller.

    2. Given to misusing; also, full of abuses. [Archaic] ``The
    abusive prerogatives of his see.'' --Hallam.

    3. Practicing abuse; prone to ill treat by coarse, insulting
    words or by other ill usage; as, an abusive author; an
    abusive fellow.

    4. Containing abuse, or serving as the instrument of abuse;
    vituperative; reproachful; scurrilous. ``An abusive
    lampoon.'' --Johnson.

    5. Tending to deceive; fraudulent; cheating. [Obs.] ``An
    abusive treaty.'' --Bacon.

    Syn: Reproachful; scurrilous; opprobrious; insolent;
    insulting; injurious; offensive; reviling.
    </q>

    Now, **** off. <== HINT (abusive)

    DC, Sep 4, 2004