    Electronics is no longer at this address" and their phone number
    appears to be disconnected.

    Howard Edwards

    Howard Edwards, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Howard Edwards

    Tarla Guest

    Howard Edwards wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a reliable consumer electronics repairer on the
    > North Shore? The amplifier on my 15yr old Technics stereo system cuts
    > the speaker output within 1 minute (but seem to carry on okay through
    > the headphones), switching it on and off fixes it but only for another
    > minute etc. Happens mostly with the CD player but also with the tuner
    > and tape deck as well.
    >
    > In the past I have gone to Malconi Electronics in Milford but there is
    > now a very unhelpful sign taped to their front door saying "Malconi
    > Electronics is no longer at this address" and their phone number
    > appears to be disconnected.

    I found an e-mail address for them. Maybe it still works and you can ask
    where, and/or if they've relocated:

    .

    Tarla, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Howard Edwards

    Jason Rumney Guest

    I don't know of any electronics repairers since I'm not local, but it
    sounds like either the power amp transistors are overheating (due to a
    loose heatsink or DC bias), or a faulty temperature sensor.

    Try finding out who handles the Technics warrantees from a dealer.
    They'll have all the right parts and experience, and they'll usually
    give good service for cash jobs, since they're used to being squeezed
    by the big companies they're handling warrantees for.

    Jason Rumney, Jun 8, 2005
  4. In article <42a64c14$>, Tarla <>
    wrote:

    >I found an e-mail address for them.

    It would have been a good idea to obfuscate that a little, to avoid
    innocent parties suffering S-P-A-M ...

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 12, 2005
  5. Howard Edwards

    Tarla Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <42a64c14$>, Tarla <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I found an e-mail address for them.

    > It would have been a good idea to obfuscate that a little, to avoid
    > innocent parties suffering S-P-A-M ...

    Why would they be spammed? It was part of a note on usenet, not a return
    address, and I assume that like most people, anyone with a commercial
    account has a spam filter. Munging it wouldn't have done Howard any good.

    Tarla, Jun 12, 2005
  6. In article <>, Tarla <> wrote:

    >Why would they be spammed? It was part of a note on usenet, not a return
    >address, and I assume that like most people, anyone with a commercial
    >account has a spam filter.

    "Assuming" they have a spam filter, you're still adding to their
    Internet traffic burden.

    > Munging it wouldn't have done Howard any good.

    There are ways to mildly obfuscate things so that any thinking human
    being could figure out what you mean, while spam harvestbots will end up
    with nothing useful. See my own e-mail address for an example.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 14, 2005