    leave any comments on my guestbook , or on this newsgroup

    thanks for your time

    Rich
    Rich, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Rich

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    When the hell did you take those of my wife?

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > please take the time to visit www.digitalmood.co.uk
    >
    > have a look at my work - inparticular the more recent photos and let me

    know

    Gymmy Bob, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Rich

    Your-nice Guest

    some very nice shots there and they look good.

    Your-nice, Aug 8, 2004
  4. Rich

    Beowulf Guest

    On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 20:26:33 +0100, Rich wrote:

    > please take the time to visit www.digitalmood.co.uk

    You might want to have your site check if someone has Flash installed -- I
    do not, and so I would be a visitor that would immediately leave your
    site. Have a javascript route a visitor to a non-flash set of paqes if
    that visitor does not have flash installed.

    --
    "It said it needed Windows98 or better installed, so I installed Linux."
    Beowulf, Aug 8, 2004
  5. The Digital Photo Age CAN be SO MUCH NICER on photographers.

    Next thing you know, art galleries will reject your photos because they are "too
    contemporary". Just what do they know anyway?
    Cymbal Man Freq., Aug 9, 2004
  6. Rich

    Chuck Norris Guest

    On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:26:33 +0100, "Rich" <> wrote:

    >please take the time to visit www.digitalmood.co.uk
    >
    >have a look at my work - inparticular the more recent photos and let me know
    >what you think
    >
    >leave any comments on my guestbook , or on this newsgroup
    >
    >thanks for your time
    >
    >Rich

    Well, okay, here goes.
    I don't like the sites layout, asthetically anyway, but it is easy to
    navigate, so if that's what you were going for, kudos.

    As to your photography, most of the pictures I really liked your
    composition, camera angle, position, and/or cropping. What I noticed
    though was the colors in many of the images, expecially landscape,
    were washed out and dull, and some were very very hazy. A polarizer
    filter can correct these issues, and perhaps a follow-up in PS of
    hue/sat and unsharp mask. Hope that helps.
    Chuck Norris, Aug 10, 2004
  7. Rich

    Rich Guest

    thanks for that Chuck

    Rich
    www.digitalmood.co.uk

    Rich, Aug 11, 2004
  8. Rich

    Harry Limey Guest

    You are the same Rich from www.digitalmood.co.uk who submitted an identical
    request on the 6th May!!!
    and who on that occasion received the following reply
    Harry

    "n8 skow" <> wrote in message
    > Are you actually seeking criticism or just want in impressive hit counter?

    ---
    Harry Limey, Aug 11, 2004
  9. Rich

    Rich Guest

    your point is???

    Rich
    www.digitalmood.co.uk

    Rich, Aug 11, 2004
  10. Rich

    Harry Limey Guest

    You really don't understand my point??

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > your point is???
    >
    > Rich
    > www.digitalmood.co.uk
    >

    > "Harry Limey" <> wrote in message
    > > You are the same Rich from www.digitalmood.co.uk who submitted an

    > identical
    > > request on the 6th May!!!
    > > and who on that occasion received the following reply
    > > Harry
    > >
    > > "n8 skow" <> wrote in message
    > > > Are you actually seeking criticism or just want in impressive hit

    > counter?
    > >

    > > ---

    ---
    Harry Limey, Aug 11, 2004
  11. Rich

    TQ Guest

    In article <411a6f97$>, wrote

    > thanks for that Chuck
    >
    > Rich
    > www.digitalmood.co.uk
    >
    > "Chuck Norris" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:26:33 +0100, "Rich" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >please take the time to visit www.digitalmood.co.uk
    > > >
    > > >have a look at my work - inparticular the more recent photos and let me

    > know
    > > >what you think
    > > >
    > > >leave any comments on my guestbook , or on this newsgroup
    > > >
    > > >thanks for your time
    > > >
    > > >Rich
    > > >

    > > Well, okay, here goes.
    > > I don't like the sites layout, asthetically anyway, but it is easy to
    > > navigate, so if that's what you were going for, kudos.
    > >
    > > As to your photography, most of the pictures I really liked your
    > > composition, camera angle, position, and/or cropping. What I noticed
    > > though was the colors in many of the images, expecially landscape,
    > > were washed out and dull, and some were very very hazy. A polarizer
    > > filter can correct these issues, and perhaps a follow-up in PS of
    > > hue/sat and unsharp mask. Hope that helps.

    Site - loading - 7/10
    Design - 5/10 - I hate large ad banners taking up
    most of the screen which should be devoted to
    photo's.
    Animation - I prefer to determine what I see and for how long.
    Content - Very little that is unusual, lacks inspiration to
    others which is surely the point of a web site?
    Quality of content - no argument.
    TQ, Aug 12, 2004
  12. I find the judges at photo contests seem to (more often than not) pick the most
    junky, awful, non-sequitor picture of the lot as the best. Apparently they've
    seen so many landscapes, etc. that they feel those kinds of pics no longer rate
    among judges. You have 3 judges each giving a score on the picture, and the
    worst picture gets the best score. Does this say ANYTHING about why committees
    suck so bad in our free society? I think so. These pictures are so bad, they are
    well below any fictional lowest common denominator. I think the judges have lost
    their minds! So go take a picture of a barn door with a bad case of peeling
    paint and win the next local photo contest. I just don't get any validation from
    these judges because I don't believe they are worth the paper the picture they
    chose is printed on.
    Cymbal Man Freq., Aug 12, 2004