    --
    Lynn
    Please remove spamtrap if replying via email
    Lynn W, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Lynn W

    Frankster Guest

    Try to ascertain if these signal drops coincide with the use of: Cordless
    telephone, cordless mouse, cell phone, and any other devices running at the
    2.4Ghz frequency.

    This is one common cause, anyway.

    -Frank

    Frankster, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    It is quite weird. As far as I can tell when it did it about an hour
    ago none of the things you mentioned were being used. Sometimes just
    slightly moving the table the laptop is sitting on can improve the
    signal. Also sometimes just touching the card which is why I wondered
    if the card was the problem, often think perhaps I should have gotten
    the Netgear card to go with the router rather than the belkin. They were
    bought as presents though so I had no choice in the matter.

    --
    :
    : "Lynn W" <> wrote in message
[...]
    : >
    : > --
    Lynn W, Nov 18, 2005
  4. Lynn W

    Frankster Guest

    Well, if you can duplicate this behavior by simply touching anything,
    something is probably broke. Belkin devices are fine. So are Netgear. But it
    does sound like you might have a defective unit somewhere. The only way I
    know how to be sure is to swap one/both out.

    -Frank

    Frankster, Nov 18, 2005