    too (right click on each network connection and select "repair")... no
    dice... Anyone?

    Howie

    Cory, Jan 16, 2006

  2. Cory

    Erick Guest

    Since you've used different LAN adapters I doubt that's the problem, unless
    the machine has taken some surges recently. The most likely culprit would be
    the actual DSL line or modem. Other possible causes are the router itself or
    some sort of trojan or malware on the computer.

    "Cory" <> wrote in message
    I'm running Windows XP Pro, version 2002, Service pack 2. I have an Intel
    1000 Mhz CPU, Intel D815EEA motherboard, 320 MB of RAM. I have installed
    both the onboard ethernet drivers, plus the drivers for my NIC card (Realtek
    RTL8139/810x). They both have problems with losing the network connection.
    I run a DSL modem into a wireless router (I have the computer hooked up to a
    wired port however). I have an D-link wired router that I used in the past
    (the system loses the internet connection too.)

    I constantly have to restart the entire machine to get my internet
    connection back up... any ideas? I have tried to "repair" the connection

    Erick, Jan 16, 2006

  3. Cory

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Cory" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro, version 2002, Service pack 2. I have an Intel
    > 1000 Mhz CPU, Intel D815EEA motherboard, 320 MB of RAM. I have installed
    > both the onboard ethernet drivers, plus the drivers for my NIC card
    > (Realtek RTL8139/810x). They both have problems with losing the network
    > connection. I run a DSL modem into a wireless router (I have the computer
    > hooked up to a wired port however). I have an D-link wired router that I
    > used in the past (the system loses the internet connection too.)
    >
    > I constantly have to restart the entire machine to get my internet
    > connection back up... any ideas? I have tried to "repair" the connection
    > too (right click on each network connection and select "repair")... no
    > dice... Anyone?

    It could just be your connection to the ISP. Have you had your ISP check the
    line? Have you tried just connecting a computer to the modem to see if it
    looses connection to the Internet?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 16, 2006
  4. Cory

    Cory Guest

    I'll by-pass the router and see what it does.. any other ideas?

    Cory, Jan 16, 2006
  5. Cory

    Cory Guest

    I don't think it's malware, or a trojan... it could be but I run Ad-aware SE
    (updated) consistently... any other ideas?

    Cory, Jan 16, 2006
  6. Cory

    JD Guest

    Erick wrote:
    > Since you've used different LAN adapters I doubt that's the problem, unless
    > the machine has taken some surges recently. The most likely culprit would be
    > the actual DSL line or modem. Other possible causes are the router itself or
    > some sort of trojan or malware on the computer.

    This sounds like the probable cause to me also.
    I used to have a Netgear DG814 xDSL Router, which was notorious for this
    problem, it was the router.

    You should also upgrade to the latest firmware. (http://support.dlink.com/)

    JD, Jan 16, 2006
  7. Cory

    Erick Guest

    Ad-Aware SE by itself is not enough, as it does miss a lot. I run a
    combination of Ad-Aware, SpyBot S&D and Spyware Blaster, as well as
    anti-virus, etc. However, I'd still look at the router and/or actual line
    coming into your home as the primary culprit.

    Erick, Jan 17, 2006