Constant Crashes

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Robert, Mar 5, 2011.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I've had it! My Firefox browser crashes *every day* at least 1 - 3 times a
    day. I have uninstalled add-ons or at least shut them down. No help. I have
    installed every new version of FF up to yesterday 3/4/2011. I am current.

    It has to be something in my copy of FF or its associated files/folders on
    my computer.

    Can I delete FF completely, I mean, NO TRACE at all and then re-install the
    latest version (again) and install my bookmarks, etc. from my backups?

    Besides the bookmarks folder (which one? the "bookmarksbackup" folder
    within the "bookmarksbackup" folder in the main file. Bookmarks HTML or
    something else). My entire profile?

    In the past I have just copied and pasted the entire FF backup over the new
    installation so ALL my bookmarks, setting, etc. are preserved. I'm guessing
    doing that -- while easier -- would also re-install something that may be
    causing all the crashes.

    Anybody got some better ideas? I'd appreciate any tips from those with
    better knowledge of this.

    Thanks,

    Robert

    Robert, Mar 5, 2011

  2. Robert

    Zeezicht Guest

    Robert beweerde :
    > I've had it! My Firefox browser crashes *every day* at least 1 - 3 times a
    > day. I have uninstalled add-ons or at least shut them down. No help. I have
    > installed every new version of FF up to yesterday 3/4/2011. I am current.

    > It has to be something in my copy of FF or its associated files/folders on
    > my computer.

    > Can I delete FF completely, I mean, NO TRACE at all and then re-install the
    > latest version (again) and install my bookmarks, etc. from my backups?

    > Besides the bookmarks folder (which one? the "bookmarksbackup" folder
    > within the "bookmarksbackup" folder in the main file. Bookmarks HTML or
    > something else). My entire profile?

    > In the past I have just copied and pasted the entire FF backup over the new
    > installation so ALL my bookmarks, setting, etc. are preserved. I'm guessing
    > doing that -- while easier -- would also re-install something that may be
    > causing all the crashes.

    > Anybody got some better ideas? I'd appreciate any tips from those with
    > better knowledge of this.

    > Thanks,

    > Robert

    Hallo Robert,
    Use "Mozilla Backup" to save all your personal stuff.
    Once everything saved use RevoUninstaller and remove completely
    Firefox.
    RevoUnInstaller permits you also to clean teh Win Registers and de data
    files if there are some "rest" leftover after the removal.
    Reinstall Firefox and afterwards use Mozilla backup (with the the
    "restore option") to reinject again your personal Firefox stuff.
    Greetings

    --
    Mvg, Adelin

    Zeezicht, Mar 5, 2011

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Zeezicht <> wrote in

    > Hallo Robert,
    > Use "Mozilla Backup" to save all your personal stuff.

    I already have 'FEBE' installed to backup everything. I used that and got
    some stuff re-installed but other stuff ... not so good!!!

    I played with it and got Firefox back where it was after I deleted all
    using Revo Uninstaller. Now to see if the constant crashes stop!

    Thank you for the information, I may look at "Mozilla Backup" instead of
    FEBE.

    Robert

    Robert, Mar 5, 2011