Consolidating emails

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    Well I've got at least 10 machines all over the house and have my email
    scattered about between all of them...
    so when I need to find something...it's difficult.

    Decided to consolidate all my email onto one machine.

    Since I use OE6 on most of the machines I decided to start with that.

    Although I managed to get it all sorted out I have to say that Microsoft
    has a terrible beyond belief system...in that you cannot export or import
    OE6 to OE6 (other than by doing so with a complicated manual process).

    Even though , by now I should be used to Microsoft's blunders...
    after 7 years of dealing with this stuff...
    it's nice to know I can still be amazed at the stupidity of it all.

    Well, for the rest of the week I shall see if I can retrieve and merge
    my email from my Linux and OS/2 machines...

    Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around here !
    philo, Jan 22, 2007

  2. philo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    philo wrote:
    > Well I've got at least 10 machines all over the house and have my
    > email scattered about between all of them...
    > so when I need to find something...it's difficult.
    >
    > Decided to consolidate all my email onto one machine.
    >
    > Since I use OE6 on most of the machines I decided to start with that.
    >
    > Although I managed to get it all sorted out I have to say that
    > Microsoft has a terrible beyond belief system...in that you cannot
    > export or import OE6 to OE6 (other than by doing so with a
    > complicated manual process).

    OE can drag and drop. Drag the email to a memory stick, put the memory stick
    in the other computer, drag the email into that system's OE inbox.
    WhzzKdd, Jan 22, 2007

  3. philo

    David Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Well I've got at least 10 machines all over the house and have my email
    > scattered about between all of them...
    > so when I need to find something...it's difficult.
    >
    > Decided to consolidate all my email onto one machine.
    >
    > Since I use OE6 on most of the machines I decided to start with that.
    >
    > Although I managed to get it all sorted out I have to say that Microsoft
    > has a terrible beyond belief system...in that you cannot export or import
    > OE6 to OE6 (other than by doing so with a complicated manual process).
    >
    > Even though , by now I should be used to Microsoft's blunders...
    > after 7 years of dealing with this stuff...
    > it's nice to know I can still be amazed at the stupidity of it all.
    >
    > Well, for the rest of the week I shall see if I can retrieve and merge
    > my email from my Linux and OS/2 machines...
    >
    > Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around here
    > !

    Anything in this article that would help.
    http://www.computeractive.co.uk/pc-magazine/features/2133628/transferring-pc-part

    --
    Regards,
    David

    Please reply to News Group
    David, Jan 22, 2007
  4. philo

    Otter Guest

    In news:p,
    philo <> typed:

    > Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around
    > here !

    One of Noah's, I suppose?
    Otter, Jan 22, 2007
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > OE can drag and drop. Drag the email to a memory stick, put the memory

    stick
    > in the other computer, drag the email into that system's OE inbox.

    I don't have a memory stick...but the machines are networked...so
    I could have copied them to a shared folder had I been smart enough to think
    of that.

    I used the .dbx method and it worked...
    just a bit of work!
    philo, Jan 22, 2007
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    philo, Jan 22, 2007
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    "Otter" <> wrote in message
    > In news:p,
    > philo <> typed:
    > >

    > > Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around
    > > here !

    > One of Noah's, I suppose?

    Yes...the very machine he kept inventory of the animals on.

    He never even wiped the HD and it seems there was a big controversy
    as what to do with the fish !!!!!
    philo, Jan 22, 2007