    - I just can;t get access to the switch. Is there something i am
    overlooking?? Maybe my supervisor module is bad?

    Thanks
    Mike Voss, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Hello, Mike!
    You wrote on Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:31:14 GMT:

    MV> I have a used Cat 5005 running V 4.2. Everything works fine except the
    MV> console and telnet access. Sometimes the console port works, sometimes
    MV> it never responds. I am certain I have a good cable, etc.
    MV> so that's not the issue. Also odd is that sometimes I can telnet in,
    MV> other times I cannot. When I cannot telnet in, I can;t ping usually
    MV> either. All the while, I have 3 vlans up and running and all is fine -
    MV> I just can;t get access to the switch. Is there something i am
    MV> overlooking?? Maybe my supervisor module is bad?

    What the CPU load looks like on this switch? Could you post the output from
    "show system" and "ps -c" commands?

    With best regards,
    Andrey.
    Andrey Tarasov, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Mike Voss

    Mike Voss Guest

    Good question - right now I cannot connect to get into it, but as soon
    as I can I will post the load. I know it has been near nothing most
    of the time (very few hosts connected to it - maybe 5), and I had the
    problem before I even connected anything to it.

    Mike Voss, Nov 20, 2003