    and not the rs232 console port anymore. Is this possible, and how ?

    Thanks for any input !

    - Chris

    Chris, Oct 16, 2006

  2. On 16.10.2006 20:20 Chris wrote

    > Hi group,
    >
    > I want to see my debug logs on my 1760 on a telnet connection,
    > and not the rs232 console port anymore. Is this possible, and how ?

    Do a

    my1760# terminal ?

    monitor Copy debug output to the current terminal line
    no Negate a command or set its defaults

    I.e. "terminal monitor" to receive debug output and "no terminal
    monitor" to turn this feature off.

    Arnold

    Arnold Nipper, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Chris

    Guest

    Arnold Nipper wrote:
    > On 16.10.2006 20:20 Chris wrote
    >
    > > Hi group,
    > >
    > > I want to see my debug logs on my 1760 on a telnet connection,
    > > and not the rs232 console port anymore. Is this possible, and how ?
    > >

    > Do a
    >
    > my1760# terminal ?
    >
    > monitor Copy debug output to the current terminal line
    > no Negate a command or set its defaults
    >
    > I.e. "terminal monitor" to receive debug output and "no terminal
    > monitor" to turn this feature off.

    Hi,

    terminal monitor ! is the way to go

    however you may also need to make sure that
    the "monitor" logging level is correct although
    "debugging" is the default.

    router#sh log
    <snipped>
    Monitor logging: level debugging, 0 messages logged, xml disabled,
    filtering disabled

    Finally, and surprisingly, to turn it off it is
    not " no term mon" but is

    term no mon

    sadly.

    Example
    #sh term
    <snipped>
    Capabilities: none

    #term mon

    #sh term
    <snipped>
    Capabilities: Receives Logging Output

    #term no mon
    #sh term
    <snipped>
    Capabilities: none

    Good luck.

    , Oct 16, 2006
  4. Chris

    Guest

    "Terminal no monitor" actually.

    Arnold Nipper wrote:
    > On 16.10.2006 20:20 Chris wrote
    >
    > > Hi group,
    > >
    > > I want to see my debug logs on my 1760 on a telnet connection,
    > > and not the rs232 console port anymore. Is this possible, and how ?
    > >

    > Do a
    >
    > my1760# terminal ?
    >
    > monitor Copy debug output to the current terminal line
    > no Negate a command or set its defaults
    >
    > I.e. "terminal monitor" to receive debug output and "no terminal
    > monitor" to turn this feature off.
    >

    > Arnold

    , Oct 17, 2006
  5. As others have noted, use the exec command "terminal [no] monitor" to control
    whether the syslog output appears in your vty.

    Use the global config mode command "[no] logging console" to control
    whether the syslog output appears on the console port. In general, it is
    best practice to have "no logging console" in effect on a production router.
    This is because router activity will pause to dequeue console messages, so
    if the router is generating syslog messages at a higher rate than the console
    port can dequeue them, you will experience a seemingly "hung" router.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi group,
    ~