console logging

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Joe, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hi.

    I'm trying to configure a VPN between a Cisco 800 router and other router.
    This other router belongs to other company and isn't managed by me. This
    other router isn't Cisco.

    Well, the administrator of the other router says to me that there isn't
    answer from my router when it tries to start the VPN.

    I would like to see the events of my router. I have used the logging command
    and show logging but I don't see any message.

    I see that there are more than 1000 messages for Console logging, but I
    can't see them. How can I see the console messages (that appear when you
    connect to the router using the console cable) on my telnet session?

    joe(config)#logging console
    joe(config)#^Z
    joe#show logging
    Syslog logging: disabled (0 messages dropped, 1 messages rate-limited,
    766 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled)
    Console logging: level debugging, 1561 messages logged, xml disabled,
    filtering disabled
    Monitor logging: disabled
    Buffer logging: disabled, xml disabled,
    filtering disabled
    Logging Exception size (4096 bytes)
    Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled
    Trap logging: disabled
    joe#
    joe#

    There are 1561 messages on Console logging but can I see them from telnet?

    Thanks,

    Joe
    Joe, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Joe

    mikebrunn Guest

    Console logging is heavy burden for router. So good idea is to have
    no logging console
    and on telnet session issue
    term mon
    and you should get all logging messages on your screen. Of course if you
    want to see ipsec messages, issue appropriate debug
    debug crypto isakmp
    debug crypto ...

    hth,
    mike

    mikebrunn, Oct 25, 2004

  3. "Joe" <> wrote in

    > I would like to see the events of my router. I have used the logging
    > command and show logging but I don't see any message.
    >
    > joe#show logging
    > Syslog logging: disabled (0 messages dropped, 1 messages rate-limited,
    > 766 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering
    > disabled)
    > Console logging: level debugging, 1561 messages logged, xml
    > disabled,
    > filtering disabled
    > Monitor logging: disabled
    > Buffer logging: disabled, xml disabled,