    --
    Best regards,
    Andreas Høivold

    Andreas Høivold, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Andreas Høivold

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <6IoHc.3028$>,
    says...
    > On the old 1900 switches the console port is not a RJ-45, but a COM-port. I
    > have tried to but RJ-45/DB9 adapter on both sides of the rollover cable, but
    > I don't get any connection. I have also tried the "new" rollover with DB9
    > on one side and RJ-45 on the other + adapter on one side, but the result is
    > the same (of course).
    >
    > In fact there is som sort of information going through the cable. I get
    > this on the screen: ATQ0H00Z
    >
    > Is there an old type of cable that has DB9 on both sides? Or is it other
    > settings on the Hyper Terminal (Other than the usual 9600/8/N/1)
    >
    > I have tested the console cable and connectors on a router and they work
    > fine.

    Yes. Covered here many times. Look for it on groups.google.com

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Andreas Høivold

    Chris O Guest

    "Andreas Høivold" <> wrote in message
    > On the old 1900 switches the console port is not a RJ-45, but a COM-port.

    > have tried to but RJ-45/DB9 adapter on both sides of the rollover cable,

    but
    > I don't get any connection. I have also tried the "new" rollover with DB9
    > on one side and RJ-45 on the other + adapter on one side, but the result

    is
    > the same (of course).
    >
    > In fact there is som sort of information going through the cable. I get
    > this on the screen: ATQ0H00Z
    >
    > Is there an old type of cable that has DB9 on both sides? Or is it other
    > settings on the Hyper Terminal (Other than the usual 9600/8/N/1)
    >
    > I have tested the console cable and connectors on a router and they work
    > fine.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Andreas Høivold

    http://www.conserver.com/consoles/iolancons.html includes the following
    Note: Some Cisco 1900-series switches use a DB-9 console connection, instead
    of the RJ-45 connector. Some of these devices require a DCD signal on DB-9
    pin 1, while other versions of the 1900 do not want a DCD signal applied to
    DB-9 pin 1.

    If the Cisco 1900 you have attached to is spewing AT modem commands out
    the port, you have a problem. If you are using a stock adapter (with the DCD
    signal) you will need to open the adapter, and remove the wire from pin 1 of
    the DB-9 and then label the adapter so you know it has been modified. (If
    you are seeing the AT commands with a modified adapter install, get an
    unmodified adapter. :)

    HTH

    Chris O

    Chris O, Jul 9, 2004