Console Applications

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Maria, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Maria, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Maria

    Jaime Guest

    Thanks, I looked at those and couldn't get them to work
    so I'll have to play with it more.

    or

    Jaime, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Maria

    Maria Guest

    This may be a stupid question, but are you aware that you
    need to have a bunch of environment variables in order to
    use the .NET framework from the command prompt?

    The easiest way to set them up is to select this start
    menu option:

    Programps -> Microsoft Visual Studio .NET -> Visual
    Studio .NET Tools -> Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt

    Once you have the Visual Studio .NET command prompt,
    navigate to where your source code file is.

    HTH
    Maria
    %comspec% /k "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
    Studio .NET\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"

    Maria, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Maria

    Jaime Guest

    There are no stupid questions, lol and honestly no, I've
    never used the console app so I really didn't know how it
    worked and was more curious than anything.

    Jaime, Sep 26, 2003