console 877 output only

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by proza, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. proza

    proza Guest

    Console isn't working "correct" after upgrade. I'm using the blue console
    cable which is delivered by the Cisco 877. After upgrade to IOS
    c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-9.T.bin I only see output on mine terminal screen
    (9600 8N1) while the router is reloading for example.

    But the router doesn't accept inputs (anymore), 'I've tried 3 pc with
    HyperTerminal and al the same situation. No input possible.

    Thanks in advance

    //

    !

    line con 0

    login local

    no modem enable

    transport output telnet

    !

    \\
    proza, Aug 23, 2006

  2. proza

    James Guest

    Can you "break" the router and access ROMMON?

    To do this keep pressing ctrl+break after power on. This will prove
    that the console port is still working and something else is causing
    the router to not accept terminal input.

    In some older version of Hyper Terminal the Break sequence does not
    work, so make sure you have the latest version
    http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/index.html

    James

    James, Aug 23, 2006

  3. proza

    proza Guest

    Next to Hyperterm I'm using Secure CRT, but both terminal programs won't
    work. No input possible.

    Secure CRT is mine default serial console which always worked

    Proza

    proza, Aug 23, 2006
  4. proza

    James Guest