    La Paloma ( i think she is singing it in Spanish ) ..with no luck.

    Any ideas where else i could try?

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Jun 5, 2005

  2. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Lo All
    >
    > Have searched Yahoo and Goggle for the lyrics to Connie Francis' version of
    > La Paloma ( i think she is singing it in Spanish ) ..with no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas where else i could try?
    >
    > Cheers

    I found this but looks like the ball park is closed:
    http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/c/conniefrancis5974.html
    La Paloma is listed but no lyrics.
    This is as close as I can get:
    http://smart90.com/dvdstore/vravmusic/unapalomarose4035
    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    http://ingeb.org/songs/paloma.html

    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005
  4. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    http://ingeb.org/songs/lapaloma.mid

    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005
  5. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Lo All
    >
    > Have searched Yahoo and Goggle for the lyrics to Connie Francis' version of
    > La Paloma ( i think she is singing it in Spanish ) ..with no luck.
    >
    > Any ideas where else i could try?
    >
    > Cheers

    All done with FireFox. usually within 3 tries.

    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005
  6. anOLDun

    dfederic Guest

    dfederic, Jun 5, 2005
  7. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Old Gringo

    Many thanks for the links.
    Playing the "midi" tune as i type. It's the right "tune" but the words she
    is singing don't seem to match the words on your lyric link.

    I can just about manage English so i have no idea the language she is
    singing in.it "sounds" Spanish / Latin American (ish).

    The first line she sings sounds like ( phonetically - if there is such a
    word )

    "Atay nella lucha cando de sol la doh"

    Well it sounds like that to me :))))))))

    Thanks for the replies

    anOLDun, Jun 5, 2005
  8. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Hi Old Gringo
    >
    > Many thanks for the links.
    > Playing the "midi" tune as i type. It's the right "tune" but the words she
    > is singing don't seem to match the words on your lyric link.
    >
    > I can just about manage English so i have no idea the language she is
    > singing in.it "sounds" Spanish / Latin American (ish).
    >
    > The first line she sings sounds like ( phonetically - if there is such a
    > word )
    >
    > "Atay nella lucha cando de sol la doh"
    >
    > Well it sounds like that to me :))))))))
    >
    > Thanks for the replies

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>anOLDun wrote:
    >>
    >>>Lo All
    >>>
    >>>Have searched Yahoo and Goggle for the lyrics to Connie Francis'

    > version of
    >
    >>>La Paloma ( i think she is singing it in Spanish ) ..with no luck.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas where else i could try?
    >>>
    >>>Cheers

    >>All done with FireFox. usually within 3 tries.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

    let me go get the lyrics, I'll post them here

    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005
  9. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Hi Old Gringo
    >
    > Many thanks for the links.
    > Playing the "midi" tune as i type. It's the right "tune" but the words she
    > is singing don't seem to match the words on your lyric link.
    >
    > I can just about manage English so i have no idea the language she is
    > singing in.it "sounds" Spanish / Latin American (ish).
    >
    > The first line she sings sounds like ( phonetically - if there is such a
    > word )
    >
    > "Atay nella lucha cando de sol la doh"
    >
    > Well it sounds like that to me :))))))))
    >
    > Thanks for the replies

    In English:
    The day that I left my home for the rolling sea
    I said "Mother dear, Oh, pray to thy God for me."
    And ere we sailed I went fond leave to take
    Of Niña, who wept as if her poor heart would break.
    Niña, if I should die and o'er oceans foam,
    Softly a white dove on a fair eve should come.
    Open thy lattice, dearest, for it will be,
    My faithful soul that loving comes back to thee!

    |: Oh! a life on the sea!
    Singing joyous and free,
    Oh! we're going
    None are so gay as we! :|

    And when I come home from Niña to part no more,
    Adieu to the ship where often with changing mind
    I've laughed and I've wept as veer'd the light changing wind.
    The comes the day, the happy and blessed day,
    Chasing all sadness, sorrow and care away.
    Niña so fair, all smiles will be by my side!
    Niña so dear, will be my own blushing bride.

    In Spanish: May be a little off but close.

    El día que dejé mi hogar para el mar rodante que dije "Madre
    estimado, Ah, ora a tu Dios para mí." Y antes de navegó fui la hoja
    cariñosa a
    tomar De Niña, que lloró como si el corazón pobre rompiera. Niña, si
    debo morir y sobre océanos espumo, Suavemente una paloma blanca en una
    víspera justa debe venir. ¡Abra tu enrejado, más estimado, para lo
    será, Mi alma fiel que ese adorar regresa a le!

    ¡ |: Ah! una vida en el mar! ¡Cantando gozoso y libre, Ah! vamos
    Ninguno es tan alegre como nosotros! :|

    Y cuando vengo en casa de Niña para no despedir más, Adiós al barco
    donde a menudo con cambiar tener inconveniente en que yo me he reído
    y he llorado se vira como se vira hace la luz que cambia viento.
    El viene el día, el feliz y bendijo día, Persiguiendo toda tristeza,
    la pena y el cuidado lejos. ¡Niña tan justo, todo sonríe estará por
    mi lado! Niña tan estimado, será mi propia novia que se
    ruboriza.

    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005
  10. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005
  11. anOLDun

    Old Gringo Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > anOLDun wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Old Gringo
    >>
    >> Many thanks for the links.
    >> Playing the "midi" tune as i type. It's the right "tune" but the words
    >> she
    >> is singing don't seem to match the words on your lyric link.
    >>
    >> I can just about manage English so i have no idea the language she is
    >> singing in.it "sounds" Spanish / Latin American (ish).
    >>
    >> The first line she sings sounds like ( phonetically - if there is such a
    >> word )
    >>
    >> "Atay nella lucha cando de sol la doh"
    >>
    >> Well it sounds like that to me :))))))))
    >>
    >> Thanks for the replies

    >> "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message

    >> version of

    >>> All done with FireFox. usually within 3 tries.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Old Gringo George
    >>> Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

    > In English:
    > The day that I left my home for the rolling sea
    > I said "Mother dear, Oh, pray to thy God for me."
    > And ere we sailed I went fond leave to take
    > Of Niña, who wept as if her poor heart would break.
    > Niña, if I should die and o'er oceans foam,
    > Softly a white dove on a fair eve should come.
    > Open thy lattice, dearest, for it will be,
    > My faithful soul that loving comes back to thee!
    >
    > |: Oh! a life on the sea!
    > Singing joyous and free,
    > Oh! we're going
    > None are so gay as we! :|
    >
    > And when I come home from Niña to part no more,
    > Adieu to the ship where often with changing mind
    > I've laughed and I've wept as veer'd the light changing wind.
    > The comes the day, the happy and blessed day,
    > Chasing all sadness, sorrow and care away.
    > Niña so fair, all smiles will be by my side!
    > Niña so dear, will be my own blushing bride.
    >
    > In Spanish: May be a little off but close.
    >
    > El día que dejé mi hogar para el mar rodante que dije "Madre
    > estimado, Ah, ora a tu Dios para mí." Y antes de navegó fui la hoja
    > cariñosa a
    > tomar De Niña, que lloró como si el corazón pobre rompiera. Niña, si
    > debo morir y sobre océanos espumo, Suavemente una paloma blanca en una
    > víspera justa debe venir. ¡Abra tu enrejado, más estimado, para lo
    > será, Mi alma fiel que ese adorar regresa a le!
    >
    > ¡ |: Ah! una vida en el mar! ¡Cantando gozoso y libre, Ah! vamos
    > Ninguno es tan alegre como nosotros! :|
    >
    > Y cuando vengo en casa de Niña para no despedir más, Adiós al barco
    > donde a menudo con cambiar tener inconveniente en que yo me he reído
    > y he llorado se vira como se vira hace la luz que cambia viento.
    > El viene el día, el feliz y bendijo día, Persiguiendo toda tristeza,
    > la pena y el cuidado lejos. ¡Niña tan justo, todo sonríe estará por
    > mi lado! Niña tan estimado, será mi propia novia que se
    > ruboriza.

    Shit, didn't mean to do that.. The Quick Time midi. is this song.

    Old Gringo, Jun 5, 2005
  12. anOLDun

    dadiOH Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Lo All
    >
    > Have searched Yahoo and Goggle for the lyrics to Connie Francis'
    > version of La Paloma ( i think she is singing it in Spanish ) ..with
    > no luck.

    There are several Spanish songs named "La Paloma". Does the one you
    refer to include "cu-cu-ru-cucu paloma" in the refrain?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Jun 5, 2005
  13. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Yo Old G

    Sorry for delay in replying.......

    She is definately not singing those lyrics......

    Having investigated further it maybe that she is singing in Italian.

    I also found her official website but they couldn't help.

    To make matters even more complicated there are umpteen songs titled "La
    Paloma".......

    And Hundreds of pages for "Una Paloma Blanca" - god knows why - ruddy awful
    song :)

    I'll just have to keep on trawling.
    Thanks for all your imput - much appreciated.

    anOLDun, Jun 12, 2005
  14. anOLDun

    Jim Guest

    Give me what I want and now one gets hurt!.
    I want pron and you want Connie,
    I know A site with a Connie Vs Elvis mix on it,
    but you ain't gettin it till you tell me where I can get some
    nice pron, willing blondes and shit and no donkeys and kids!.
    Know what I mean?.

    LOL

    Jim, Jun 12, 2005
  15. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    oops

    Seems there is more than one song called "una paloma blanca"

    :-(

    anOLDun, Jun 12, 2005
  16. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Phew that was close - i ain't blonde :)

    I have NO idea what a "pron" is
    and i don't go ANYWHERE where there are kids - i have enough of me bleedin
    own.

    I don't want the song - i have it - i just want the ruddy lyrics.

    And now i find Julio Ingussets has a song with the same tune but not the
    same words.

    I'm off to get a life - now where did i put my train spotting diary

    anOLDun, Jun 12, 2005
  17. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi dadiOH

    sorry for delay in reply.

    yeah i have seen those words on my surfing travels - but they aint the words
    in the song.

    But thanks for trying :)

    anOLDun, Jun 12, 2005
  18. anOLDun

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:53:46 +0100, "anOLDun" <anoldun@invalid_homecall.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Hi dadiOH
    >
    >sorry for delay in reply.
    >
    >yeah i have seen those words on my surfing travels - but they aint the words
    >in the song.
    >
    >But thanks for trying :)

    I haven't been following this thread. Have you tried here?

    http://www.lyricsdownload.com/connie-francis-lyrics.html

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Jun 12, 2005
  19. anOLDun

    dadiOH Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Yo Old G
    >
    > Sorry for delay in replying.......
    >
    > She is definately not singing those lyrics......
    >
    > Having investigated further it maybe that she is singing in Italian.

    No, it's in Spanish. The one I have by her at least...2:35.

    Just listened to it, too much reverb for me to understand it easily but
    it starts out...

    Tu amor es lo mas hermoso que conocí,
    Tu amor es lo mas hermoso que tengo yo

    Your love is the most beautiful I knew,
    Your love is the most beautiful I have

    Went through some of the hits (skipped German) for the lyrics in the
    first 10 Google pages, no luck.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Jun 12, 2005
  20. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi dadiOH

    I also have the song sung by Julio Iglesias - well it's the same tune (
    different arrangment tho). His lyrics start:-

    "Una canción me recuerda aquel ayer
    cuando se marchó en silencio un atardecer
    se fué con su canto triste aotro lugar
    dejó como compañera mi soledad"

    Connie Francis is not singing those words.

    Her lyrics start - forgive my spelling - "what sounds" like

    "atay nel la lucha cango del sola doh
    vera napo nomba bianco del nostramo"

    I feel i am taking up too much time here with this - so i'll just keep on
    searching

    many thanks for taking the time to help - much appreciated

    anOLDun, Jun 13, 2005