    to the location of information to resolve the problem?

    Thank you,
    Kelwin

    Kelwin Delaunay, Sep 25, 2005

  2. *grins* Well, fixed it by trial and error. The factory configuration had
    wireless connection under network bridge and the ethernet connection under
    LAN or High-Speed Internet. I moved the ethernet connection under the bridge
    and the wireless connection out from under the bridge, which popped it into
    LAN or High-Speed Internet and, of course, it works. Perhaps, her migraine
    will subside now. Chances seem slim, but maybe this will help someone else.

    Thanks for your time,
    Kelwin

    Kelwin Delaunay, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Kelwin Delaunay

    Quaoar Guest

    > My sister bought a new laptop with Win XP Home It has an ethernet card
    > and a
    > wireless adapter installed. When booted it shows the icon and message
    > in the
    > system tray: network cable unplugged, as one would expect since there
    > is no
    > LAN to connect to at her place of business only a wireless network.
    > When she
    > pushes the button on the laptop console to connect to wireless
    > network, it
    > dutifully finds and connects to the wireless network in her office.
    > When she
    > then starts IE or Netscape browsers, she gets the same message from
    > either
    > browser---- there is no internet connection and offers to work offline
    > or
    > try again. Retries are unsuccessful.
    >
    > Can someone explain to me, please, what to tell her to do next or
    > point me
    > to the location of information to resolve the problem?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Kelwin

    It sounds very much like she has not set up the security protocol in the
    office. She'll need to discuss this with whoever manages that network.

    Quaoar, Sep 26, 2005