Connects fine to WAP but can't get IP address via DHCP

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Lee, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    OK, this used to work, now it doesn't. I'm stumped...

    If I plug in my wireless PCMCIA NIC while I am wired to my LAN, it gets
    assigned an IP address (I then have 2, 1 for the wired NIC and 1 for the
    wireless). I can then disconnect from the wired LAN and have wireless home
    internetworking, internet, etc..

    HOWEVER, if I plug in the NIC when off the wired LAN I connect fine to my
    WAP but my router does not assign me an IP address. In this scenario my
    connection status shows packets being sent but zero received, and a
    connection status of Very Good or Excellent.

    I am using 64bit WEP, and confirmed I do not have either the Advanced
    Networking XP Hotfix or the WPA XP Hotfix installed.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks!

    Lee, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Lee