    Ever since the setting states always 11mps

    Previously it had varied fro 36 to 54 mps

    Does this slow me down any since the connection only shows me 11mps?
    =?Utf-8?B?QWw=?=, Oct 14, 2006

  2. In news:,
    Al <> typed:
    > I am running xp pro sp2 on a thinkpad r50e on a wireless network in
    > my home office with 31 other laptop and a desktop set up with a usb
    > connection
    >
    > I recently installed Thinkvantage Access Connection.
    >
    > Ever since the setting states always 11mps
    >
    > Previously it had varied fro 36 to 54 mps
    >
    > Does this slow me down any since the connection only shows me 11mps?

    If all you're connecting to is the internet, then it won't really matter (as
    you can't drive a Ferarri at its maximum speed on a tiny little parkway),
    but if you're trying to connect to other local network resources that are at
    a higher speed, then yes, it'll slow you down.

    Check the IBM access connections properties for this particular location
    profile - there's a "wireless mode" setting that may not be appropriate. Try
    Auto, or try forcing G.
    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Oct 14, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QWw=?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Yes I agree it sounds like you have the location profile configured
    incorrectly. When you are only connecting at 11 mps do this;
    | Start (menu) | All Programs | ThinkVantage | Access Connections | In the
    new window that appears, you'll see Locations: Note the name here. This is
    the one you wish to edit | Locations | Manage Profiles... | click on the
    profile you noted above to highlight it, if it is not highlighted. | Profile
    Action | Edit... | click on the Wireless Settings (tab) at the top, 3.
    Wireless mode should be Auto, if not change to Auto. Then Ok.

    David Hettel

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    confers no rights

    David Hettel, Oct 15, 2006