Connectivity problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTHlvbg==?=, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. I am having problems with my wireless connection.

    I have an SBC Barricade g router, as well as a Dell TrueMobile B. I am
    trying to run them side by side, with the Dell for the kids, and the SMC for
    myself, mainly work. My computer is a Dell 9200 running XP Home, fully
    updated.

    I decided to try and make the SMC network secure. However, I got part way
    through what I thought were the necessary changes, and can no longer access
    the SMC configuration page. When I try to use the setup disk, it keeps
    telling me to register the product, which I already did over a year ago.

    What is happening with the SMC is that it connects, but tells me I have
    limited or no connectivity.

    For some reason, I can also no longer connect using the Dell.

    I have tried a variety of things. I went to the SMC site, and got the
    address for accessing the router configuration page. However, that is no
    longer working. I tried connecting the Dell router directly to the cable
    modem, but that didn't help. I know that I have an operable Internet
    connection, because I am writing this using a hardwire attachment to the same
    cable modem, through a hardwire router which also serves the wireless router.

    At this point, I am ready to head down to the computer store, buy a new
    wireless router, and start over from scratch.

    However, if someone can suggest how I might resolve this, I would very much
    appreciate it.

    Thank you.

    --
    David Lyon

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTHlvbg==?=, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Try:

    1. Use an ethernet cable to connect a computer to a LAN port on the
    Barricade.

    2. Open a command prompt and: ipconfig /all ENTER.

    3. Write down the IP address for your Default Gateway - try to connect to
    the Barricade's configuration page using this address.

    4. If ipconfig /all does not show a default gateway, go back to the SMC
    site and find out how to reset the device to its factory defaults. Make
    sure you know any required default login info.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jun 29, 2006