connections intermittently dropped Intel 2200BG / WRT54G V5

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by ZinG, Aug 24, 2006.

  1. ZinG

    ZinG

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hello All

    - I have WRT54G V5 with firmware 1.00.9 connects to ADSL Sagem modem
    - 1 PC with Sitecom network adapter running on WIN XP Pro connect to Router through WAN
    - 1 vaio laptop with builtin Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG version 9.0.4.17 running on WIN Home connect to Router though WAN

    The problem occures while I have my pc connected to the router, when I try to connect my laptop to the router the whole network iterrupts and it connects back automatically.
    So I am confused why this interruption on the network when i try to connect my laptop to it. The connection goes back to normal when both PC and Laptop reconnect to the network.

    I'll be glad to provide more info about the situation, but maybe someone could fill me up on why this is happening.
    I have tried manual DHCP and automatic and still the same problem.
    This problem closely described here:
    http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-022509.htm

    Tried the solutions but problem still persists.
    Maybe anyone can tip in?

    ZinG, Aug 24, 2006