Connection Wizzard Woes

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ralph D., Nov 7, 2003.

  1. Ralph D.

    Ralph D. Guest

    Hello again,

    I was having some trouble with a corrupted file in Win98SE and ended up
    doing a re-install with the SE Upgrade disk as

    Win98\setup /p r

    At a glance it worked great and saved all my programs (and they all work!)
    with one hiccup:

    If I try to open IE5.5 or OE5.5 I get the message "Failed to load the
    Internet Connection wizard helper component."

    Here's the oddest thing about this... I did not know this at first, because
    I used the Windows Update page from the Start menu. It connected to my
    router terrifically and downloaded the whole shegbang (minus IE6) in 3 mins.
    If I open it again and do not download and, say, click on a bookmark it
    gives the connection wizard error again... but I can still connect just fine
    if I take another download.

    Suggestions on how to solve this?

    Ralph D., Nov 7, 2003