    connection with an NIC, but the connection wizard only lists dial up
    options. What can I do from here?
    , Nov 5, 2005

  2. Guest

    It looks like the computer has not idea that the NIC is there.
    Right click My network places, then propierties, see if the NIC is
    listed there. If not you will need to find the drivers for the NIC
    (bad!). If it is there, just configure TCP/IP for getting and IP and
    DNS automatically, that will pull an IP from the cable modem.

    wrote:
    > I'm trying to connect an old W2K PC to my cable modem internet
    > connection with an NIC, but the connection wizard only lists dial up
    > options. What can I do from here?
    , Nov 5, 2005

  3. Guest

    I'll check into that, but I also checked and could not find any TCP/IP
    settings at all. I tried to install them using install windows
    componants from the CD, but it was not even an option.
    , Nov 5, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > I'll check into that, but I also checked and could not find any TCP/IP
    > settings at all. I tried to install them using install windows
    > componants from the CD, but it was not even an option.

    Forget everthing else until you have the NIC working. Have you checked the
    Device Manager for network cards?

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 5, 2005