    usually the mail arrives in both inboxes, simultaneously. For the past few
    days however, his inbox is showing an error message and not receiving any
    emails whilst they are still arriving in my inbox. Can you help please?
    James Oneill, Mar 9, 2007

  2. James Oneill

    pcbutts1 Guest

    What error message?

    pcbutts1, Mar 9, 2007

  3. James Oneill

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Fri, 9 Mar 2007 07:57:50 -0800, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, pcbutts1 Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > What error message?

    Connection to server failed. <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Mar 9, 2007
  4. "James Oneill" <> wrote in

    > My husband and I share the same email address but with two separate
    > inboxes, usually the mail arrives in both inboxes, simultaneously. For
    > the past few days however, his inbox is showing an error message and not
    > receiving any emails whilst they are still arriving in my inbox. Can you
    > help please?

    That can happen in those pirated versions of Eudora
    without the Russian bug patch released just recently
    which you can download only from certain font sites.

    Just Google for "husband and I same email address separate inboxes"

    http://www.google.com/search?
    hl=en&q=husband+and+I+same+email+address+separate+inboxes&btnG=Google+Searc

    You may have to copy and paste the link to your Netscape address bar,
    but there's lot of good information there.

    Best of luck. (With that mail box thing too...)

    --

    The personification of "ambition" is a flea
    crawling up an elephant's tail with rape on its mind.

    The personification of "delusion" is that flea
    arriving at its climax screaming "suffer baby, suffer."
    Bucky Breeder, Mar 9, 2007
  5. James Oneill

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Oh that error message. ;0)

    pcbutts1, Mar 9, 2007
  6. James Oneill

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:39:00 -0800, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, pcbutts1 Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > Oh that error message. ;0)

    <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://.www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    3/9/2007 11:37:06 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Mar 9, 2007
  7. James Oneill

    Mike Easter Guest

    James Oneill's wife masquerading as James Oneill wrote:
    > My husband and I share the same email address but with two separate
    > inboxes, usually the mail arrives in both inboxes, simultaneously.

    That doesn't make any sense to me yet.

    There are two different meatspace personas, call them JamesMan JM and
    HisWife HW and both JM & HW share the same username mailbox, call it
    james.oneill or j.o.

    You haven't said if two different computers have two different operating
    systems and two different installations of OE Outlook Express, or if
    there is only one computer with only one operating system and one
    installation of OE which OE has only one identity but which has multiple
    accounts, or if it has multiple identities.

    I will assume the single computer, single identity, multiple account
    configuration just for the sake of commenting on your remarks below.

    > For the past few days however, his inbox is showing an error message
    > and not receiving any emails whilst they are still arriving in my
    > inbox. Can you help please?

    If the single computer single OS single identity OE had multiple
    accounts for the same mailbox, it would need to have a 'special'
    configuration in order for the separate accounts to both be able to
    receive the same mail into separate inboxes.

    However, it would be a pretty 'odd' configuration for you to be able to
    see separate inboxes on the same computer same OS same identity. It
    would be more 'natural' for you to have separate inboxes for the same
    email account by having a separate identity for OE.

    However, none of that is actually very natural IMO. IMO, since any
    normal human being does not have two heads which are looking at the
    computer at the same time, two different people who are using the same
    computer should not have a single identity or persona. They should each
    have their own identity and mailbox.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 9, 2007
  8. James Oneill wrote:

    > My husband and I share the same email address but with two separate inboxes,

    And you post as him on Usenet. Isn't that sweeeet?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 9, 2007