    (which is connected to the desktop), and i can ping from desktop to laptop
    fine but when i ping from laptop no connection is made. how do i resolve my
    issue, any and all information is greatly appreciated .
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?=, Feb 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?=

    Malke Guest

    Shaun wrote:

    > i have two computers im trying to network, i have a desktop running
    > xphome,
    > and a laptop also running xphome. i have a cable modem, a linksys
    > wireless router .
    > i have the desktop connceted to the router via ethernet cable, and
    > have a wireless adapter in the pcmcia slot on the laptop. they both
    > are able to connect to the internet, however i am unable to share
    > files, or my printer (which is connected to the desktop), and i can
    > ping from desktop to laptop fine but when i ping from laptop no
    > connection is made. how do i resolve my issue, any and all information
    > is greatly appreciated .

    Here are links to help you:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
    Hans-Georg Michna

    The first two links should do it for you, but if you are still having
    difficulties then take the time to go through MVP Hans-Georg Michna's
    troubleshooter. It will pinpoint the problem area(s) for you.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers