    the 120g adapters have also loaded correctly. My problem (and all the techs
    I've spoken to) revolves around trying to get the wirelss adapters to talk to
    the router. Any ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=, Jul 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

    Clark Guest

    Do you have the wireless access turned on?

    Are you using any wireless security?

    Can you see the network? Are you using the configuration utility for the
    adapter or the Windows configuration utility?

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 21, 2005

  3. I'm pretty sure that wireless access is on, as I have had momenetary
    connection this evening. I been through Win XPs set up programmes several
    times, I have tried to let Win XP find a driver for the wireless adapter, I
    have removed and reloaded the software at least 20 times. I feel there is
    sometimes progress in that Windows sometimes recognises the router, but still
    there is no proper connection.

    You ask about wireless security; I have tried with it on and off and with
    Norton Internet Security on and off.

    I can see the icon for the wireless adapter in the control panel and the
    wireless adapater is stated as working normally in the device manager.

    I'm not certain about the windows configuration utility, as the router came
    pre-configured, but the tech people have taken me through several
    reconfigurations of the router (and the replacement that was sent to me as it
    was thought the networking part of the first one was faulty).

    I keep thinking there must be a simple thing that everyone has missed, as if
    the devices are working, it's as though I need to tell windows to join the
    two together. I'm not very tech orientated, but seem to be 'getting there'. I
    hope you can help some more.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=, Jul 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

    Clark Guest

    Do you see the network from the wireless adapter?

    Check the Device Manager and make sure drivers are loaded. Sometimes there
    are little notes that qualify how things are working that say driver is not
    necessary or something like that.

    Can you ping the router?

    Remember this can be very confusing because changes you make may not take
    effect until later.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 21, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

    Clark, Jul 21, 2005
  6. Hello Clark, thank you for trying to help.

    On point one, I can see the network adapter in the Network connections
    window when it is attached to the PC - this is what you mean isn't it?

    On point two; I have checked Device Manager and the device is working
    properly and there are no messages about the drivers.

    I have tried to ping the router, but I get 'Media Disconnected' on the
    wireless networking connection.

    On your last point about changes taking place later - I have not heard about
    this before so will keep it in mind, but have been trying for two days to
    install the wirless part of my network. I had momentary contact last night
    and the day before (with the first router), but it doesn't last long enough
    to get a web page up. Any further ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=, Jul 22, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=

    Clark Guest

    What I mean by "can you see the network" is scanning and seeing other
    wireless networks. You should be able to see at least yours if you have
    SSID broadcasting enabled. You may be able to see yours without the SSID
    broadcast but it will show a blank where the SSID name should be.

    Are the lights on the adapter blinking?

    I had that problem when I was moving my stuff around, so what I would
    suggest would be to update the drivers. You might want to uninstall and
    reinstall the device in device manager. Make sure the connection is enabled
    and you are sitting close enough to the transmitter to ensure good signal
    strength.

    Turn off all security on both the wireless adapter and the router. Reboot,
    reset the router, and anything else you can think of.

    These things can be very frustrating, but just keep trying. Remeber some
    settings may not take effect immediately.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 22, 2005
  8. Sometimes I can see the SSID network and other times I have to enter it
    manually. Tha best time was last night when for a few moments the wireless
    adapters found the router. On my attempts this afternoon, after

    The lights on the adapter do blink on start up and the adapter name can be
    seen under networks in the control panel. The dirver has a program to scan
    for connections; when I run this the wireless adapters blibk furiously, but
    still cannot find the router.

    The router and the wireless adapters are close - about 30cm apart, for ease
    of plugging and uplugging. When I got a connection last night, the sigal was
    100%.

    I I have not tried using device manager to uninstall/reinstall the dirvers
    but will try it now.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=, Jul 22, 2005
  9. Sorry to reply to my own post , but I thought it important to say that after
    taking some of the steps outlined, I now have a solid light on my wireless
    adapter, which is progress, but still no link with the router.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q0xC?=, Jul 22, 2005