Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QnVzdGVyIEtuaWdodA==?=, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. I'm having problems getting a laptop to connect to a wireless router, which
    is connected to a cable modem. Windows XP reports that the wireless network
    connection is connected, but when I try to browse using IE or login to
    Messenger, I get the error "No connection to the Internet is currently
    available". I cannot ping any of the LAN computers, and they cannot ping the
    laptop.

    When I click Properties for the Wireless Network, there are a number of
    packets that have been sent, but zero that have been received.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    WinXP Pro (SP2) Setup
    --------------------------
    SSID = wireless
    Network Authentication = Open
    Data Encryption = WEP
    IP Address = 192.168.2.100
    Workgroup = WORKGROUP

    Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband Router
    Enable Wireless = Checked
    SSID = wireless
    Transfer Rate = automatic
    Preamble = Long
    Channel = 6
    128 WEP Encryption
    IP Address = 192.168.2.1

    Buster

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVzdGVyIEtuaWdodA==?=, Jan 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnVzdGVyIEtuaWdodA==?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    turn off wep, and try using another workgroup name otherthan home or
    workgroup,

    mike

    mikeFNB, Jan 3, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QnVzdGVyIEtuaWdodA==?=

    TW Guest

    Try unchecking the "enable 802.1x" checkbox in the authentication tab(box is
    checked by default).

    TW, Jan 3, 2005