    connection never goes through. I get similar errors trying to access
    other sites. Any suggestions would be appreciate it. Thanks.

    Randolph

    Randolph Scott, May 13, 2005

  2. "Randolph Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I was wondering if I could get some help with a problem that I am
    > currently having. I can be online, and still get an error message with
    > my connection. For instance if I try to click on "Find Album Info" via
    > the Windows Media Player, I get the message "The page cannot be
    > displayed". Or if I try to purchase a game though RealArcade, the
    > connection never goes through. I get similar errors trying to access
    > other sites. Any suggestions would be appreciate it. Thanks.

    You can try emptying the Temporary Page Cache on the browser such as IE to
    delete bad pages the browser could holding on to.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/customizing/clearcache.mspx

    It may correct your problem.

    Duane :)

    Hate K-CSC -- Duane ;-\), May 13, 2005

  3. What kinda internet connection do you have, any firewall? What OS on the
    computer. When you think you are not connected, can you still ping any
    site such as www.yahoo.com

    Muhammad Khan, May 13, 2005
  4. I have a dialup connection. No firewall. XP. I don't have a problem
    with signing online, and gaining access to all the usual sites. It's
    just that I run into problems when I try to click on a link WITHIN the
    site that then tries to use the Internet Explorer browser (which by
    the way is also not working currently). I could also add that I can no
    longer see any graphics in my e-mails, and I'm assuming that
    everything is somehow connected. I just attempted to re-install the
    browser, but no luck with that so far. Getting really frustrated here
    :eek:(

    Randolph

    Randolph Scott, May 15, 2005
  5. "Randolph Scott" <> wrote in message
    >I have a dialup connection. No firewall. XP. I don't have a problem
    > with signing online, and gaining access to all the usual sites. It's
    > just that I run into problems when I try to click on a link WITHIN the
    > site that then tries to use the Internet Explorer browser (which by
    > the way is also not working currently). I could also add that I can no
    > longer see any graphics in my e-mails, and I'm assuming that
    > everything is somehow connected. I just attempted to re-install the
    > browser, but no luck with that so far. Getting really frustrated here
    > :eek:(

    If you're saying that you are connecting the NT based O/S to the Internet
    even on a dialup with no FW, then no telling what has happened as it only
    takes seconds for the machine to be compromised and start causing you grief.

    Duane :)

    Hate K-CSC -- Duane ;-\), May 15, 2005