    + disabling "Check Point" firewall

    The Dell locates 2 networks -- T42 none.

    Any ideas??
    =?Utf-8?B?QmFsZCBFYWdsZSA0OQ==?=, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 26, 2006

  3. Hi Jack
    Thanks
    I had seen this link from a post you gave to an earlier query -- but this
    time I followed it rigourously. With WPA and firewalls disabled my PC could
    "See" the network, BUT
    When I tried to connect the connection failed even though signal strength
    was excellent (router is only 4" / 10 cm from PC -- also in Wireless
    properties teh box "Use Widnows to configure......." keeps getting unchecked.
    Connection still failing when box is checked.

    When I enabled the firewall I could not even "see" the network -- this has
    remained even after I disabled the firewall again -- so part of problem is
    with firewall.
    BUT why is connection failing?? when it works with other PC??

    THanks for any help you can give

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFsZCBFYWdsZSA0OQ==?=, Jan 26, 2006