    Could this be a firewall problem? The desktop has Norton, the laptop uses
    the windows vista firewall.

    Thanks for all advice

    KRK, Feb 13, 2009

  2. This could be the 3rd party software issue. try clean boot.

    Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows
    Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
    programs in Start ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Feb 13, 2009

  3. KRK

    David B. Guest

    The obvious solution to try would be to disable the Norton firewall and see
    what happens, that will give you your answer.

    David B., Feb 13, 2009
  4. Hi
    Seeing signal does not mean that there is a Network connection.
    Can you actually use the connection to transfer files when it works?
    If it does work for the few minutes, make sure that the power saving of both
    wireless cards is Off, and try other Wireless channels to make sure that
    there is No signal interferences.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 13, 2009