connection problems after restore point

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dololly, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. dololly

    dololly Guest

    I recently did a restore point because of problems with software, the
    restore point worked but I had to reinstall Sygate and AVG because they
    wouldn't load at start up after the restore point. The problem I'm
    getting now is a connection and server problems with my browsers. I'm
    either getting a "server cannot be found" or I must click on the link in
    my browser several times(sometimes 8 or 10) to get the page to load.
    This occurs on Firefox, Oprah and IE6. I've tried 2 different ISP'S and
    it does the same thing. I also use a proxy server at times but I get the
    same outcome with or without the proxy, so I rule that out. I know I
    must be over looking something, a connection, or registry setting. I
    keep feeling that sygate may be the culprit but I'm not sure because I
    was able to download a copy of Sygate and reinstall but the connection
    problems persist with sygate installed, I haven't tried to reinstall AVG
    yet because I thought that wouldn't have anything to do with server
    problems. Never had connection problems until this restore point. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Email client(thunderbird) also has to try to connect several times also.

    Running Windows ME

    Having problems sending this now.

    dololly, Feb 12, 2006

  2. dololly wrote:

    > This occurs on Firefox, Oprah and IE6.

    <LOL!>

    Didn't know Ms. Winfrey was in the computer biz ...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 12, 2006