    when i go back to it i have to restart the computer to get back on the net.
    I am with blue yonder broadband and i use mozilla fire fox could it be any
    thing to do with them

    Paul Rowland, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Paul Rowland

    SwissTony Guest

    "Paul Rowland" <> wrote in message
    news:1wy%d.96779$...
    > Hi
    > I have a problem with my connection if i leave my computer for a

    while
    > when i go back to it i have to restart the computer to get back on the

    net.
    > I am with blue yonder broadband and i use mozilla fire fox could it be any
    > thing to do with them

    Are you using a usb modem???
    If you are, there maybe a power saving function that disables it after a set
    amount of time.
    Check for an option in the bios

    SwissTony, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Paul Rowland

    carson Guest

    "SwissTony" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Rowland" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I have a problem with my connection if i leave my computer for a

    > while
    > > when i go back to it i have to restart the computer to get back on the

    > net.
    > > I am with blue yonder broadband and i use mozilla fire fox could it be

    any
    > > thing to do with them
    > >

    > Are you using a usb modem???
    > If you are, there maybe a power saving function that disables it after a

    set
    > amount of time.
    > Check for an option in the bios
    >
    > Just to add to this good advice, I'd also check firewall

    settings. some will lock down if not used for a while

    carson, Mar 21, 2005
  4. Paul Rowland

    Keme Guest

    carson wrote:
    > "SwissTony" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Paul Rowland" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>> I have a problem with my connection if i leave my computer for a

    >>while
    >>
    >>>when i go back to it i have to restart the computer to get back on the

    >>net.
    >>
    >>>I am with blue yonder broadband and i use mozilla fire fox could it be

    > any
    >
    >>>thing to do with them
    >>>

    >>Are you using a usb modem???
    >>If you are, there maybe a power saving function that disables it after a

    > set
    >
    >>amount of time.
    >>Check for an option in the bios
    >>
    >>Just to add to this good advice, I'd also check firewall

    > settings. some will lock down if not used for a while

    and check the power management settings (if available) on the network
    adapter. Some allow Windows to switch them off to save power.

    Keme, Mar 29, 2005