    How do I make the Vista Laptop talk to the Vista desktop via wireless to the
    Zoom device and then ethernet to the desktop?

    Thanks, Mike
    JB, Sep 23, 2008

  2. Are they in the same subnet? Can hey ping each other?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Sep 23, 2008

  3. JB

    JB Guest

    When I wrote the message, all three were on the same subnet but not all
    boxes could ping each other.
    That was with the firewalls shut off on all boxes

    Today I left the firewalls up and put the physical address for the NIC in
    each box in the Trusted zone of Norton's firewall setup form. After that,
    all boxes see each other and can be pinged.

    I have no idea why that did not work when the firewalls were (supposedly)
    shut down. But anyway the communication problem is solved. I hope I have
    not created a security problem.

    Thanks for your input.

    Mike

    JB, Sep 24, 2008