connection plar

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Wayne, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    Dear VoIP experts,

    Scenario: Small office, 8 phones. FXO port connected to a POTS line. The
    users wants two lines, say 401 and 402, to ring when the office number is
    called. Using connection plar is straight-forward for one extension...

    voice-port 1/0/0
    connection plar 421

    but how can this be done for the second also? When I type "connection plar
    ?" i see the following... " WORD A string of digits including wild cards".
    Wildcards, that sounds promising! I searched for "connection plar" syntax
    on Cisco.com, google and usenet...closest thing I've seen is to enter
    "connection plar 40[12]", but this I found in a document on dial-peer
    syntax. The output is

    Gateway(config-voiceport)#connection plar 40[12]
    Incorrect format for E.164 Number
    regular expression must be of the form ^((\+)?([0-9,#*ABCD])+)$

    Searched and searched for E.164 regular expression syntax, but came up empty
    handed.

    Is this possible? Are there other commands that are more applicable (i.e.
    connection trunk) or am I way off base? Am I just a horrible searcher and
    the answer is really easy to find?

    I'm using a cisco 3640 with a vic-2fxo card. IOS is 12.2(40), IP Plus. I'm
    using AsteriskNOW as a PBX.

    Thanks!
    wayne

    Wayne, Feb 7, 2007