Connection Persistently Dropping

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Andrew Bonney \(abweb\), Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Hi,
    I'm running an 802.11b wireless network which several pcs have no trouble
    connecting to, except for one. All of the pcs run Winxp SP2 and I have tried
    exchanging the wireless adapter for the problematic pc with another but no
    luck, every minute it disconnects from the network and I have to run a
    repair operation to re-connect. I have a feeling it is a software problem as
    sometimes it connects to the network and still shows a cross through the
    connection in the system tray even though I am able to use network
    resources. I've tried DHCP and manually configured IPs and just about every
    configuration possible. Any ideas???

    --
    Thanks,
    Andrew Bonney (abweb)

    www.andrewbonney.com

    Tel: 01943 872966
    Fax: 08701 309329

    abweb is a registered Microsoft partner

    This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses and
    worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in error,
    please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read the e-mail
    as it may contain personal information.

    Andrew Bonney \(abweb\), Dec 30, 2004

  2. Here you go:

    http://tinyurl.com/3lmfp

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Hi,
    Thanks for that, not quite the answer i'd hoped for having to turn stuff on
    and off on each boot, but the article sparked something off and I've now got
    it working properly without having to start and stop stuff.

    Andrew Bonney \(abweb\), Dec 31, 2004
  4. Glad to hear that! Please sign my guestbook at www.careyholzman.com (the
    link is in the lower-left corner).

    Thanks!

    Carey Holzman, Dec 31, 2004
  5. Andrew (et al):

    Can you instruct on what you did exactly and how you solved this problem? I
    am having basically the exact same problem. My IBM Thinkpad A22m (WinXP SP2)
    wireless network connection keeps going up and down (active and inactive)
    every few seconds. I have to keep reloading webpages to get them to finish
    I'd REALLY like to resolve this. I tried the shortcut instruction from the
    article Carey posted w/no success or change. I am using D-Link wireless
    router model DI-614+ and wireless network card DI-650+. Please help! Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?UXVzam9uZQ==?=, Jan 1, 2005