    or wireless but when using Explorer or Outlook Express they don't receive any
    data.

    Any help would be great!!

    =?Utf-8?B?VGV4YXNNYXJr?=, Oct 10, 2005

  2. "TexasMark" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    >I just installed a wireless router (D-Link DI-524). We have only one
    > computer, a laptop, running XP Home with SP2 installed. After installing
    > the
    > router, there are times when the connection does not work:
    >
    > 1. After XP goes to sleep.
    > 2. When switching between the wired connection and using the external
    > wireless card.

    Two things that could possibly be causing it:

    1) Firewall. Depends on which you are using but if Zone Alarm (pro or free)
    it has an automatic lock where it cuts out any internet or network after 10
    minutes. Unfortunately, turning auto lock off doesn't help. You have to set
    it to as high as it can go then turn it off. The highest is 999 minutes.

    2) Open System Properties by holding down the Windows key and tapping the
    Pause/break key. Now go to Hardware and Device Manager. When that opens,
    find your wireless NIC in there and choose the properties on it. You have to
    look for Power Mode or Power (depends on your NIC here) and then choose NOT
    to allow the computer to power it down when not in use. After that, it stays
    on so long as the computer is on. This is sometimes the reason all drops off
    and wont come back until reset.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 10, 2005