    installed. I have tried twice to do it and when it finally finishes, I get
    the message that the update installation has failed.

    Anyone else having this problem?

    Doris Penndorf, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Doris Penndorf

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Doris Penndorf" <> wrote in message
    news:aggHd.19271$...
    >I keep getting the message that a new connection manager update needs to be
    > installed. I have tried twice to do it and when it finally finishes, I
    > get
    > the message that the update installation has failed.
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    down load the update again??

    Aquanaut, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Doris Penndorf

    chuckie® Guest

    Yeah, mine did that once. I went to SBC/Yahoo's website and d/l'd from
    there, all went well that time...luck...

    chuckie®, Jan 19, 2005
  4. Thanks - ticks me off when they invade my computer on start up and then they
    can't finish the job!!

    Doris Penndorf, Jan 19, 2005
  5. Further update - I was able to download the self support tool. But after
    the page came up with step 1 about selecting the dsl connection icon, when I
    pressed 'next' I got a huge Norton Virus alert, even though I had disabled
    my antivirus like they said to do. The alert was about a 'script' - anyway
    I just cancelled out. Now I see the icon on my desktop. What gives??

    Doris Penndorf, Jan 19, 2005
  6. Doris Penndorf

    > Further update - I was able to download the self support tool. But after
    > the page came up with step 1 about selecting the dsl connection icon, when
    > pressed 'next' I got a huge Norton Virus alert, even though I had disabled
    > my antivirus like they said to do. The alert was about a 'script' -
    > anyway
    > I just cancelled out. Now I see the icon on my desktop. What gives??
    >

    > "Doris Penndorf" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks - ticks me off when they invade my computer on start up and then

    > they
    >> can't finish the job!!
    >>
    >> "chuckie®" <> wrote in message
    >> > Yeah, mine did that once. I went to SBC/Yahoo's website and d/l'd from
    >> > there, all went well that time...luck...

    Without teaching you to suck eggs
    Norton says its "nasty"---and you disabled the antivirus as they told you?
    If you can not control your mouse --call rentokill
    Rule of thumb--never download what you do not understand/capable of recovery
    from

    Second thoughts---put the pc back in the box ,take it back to the
    shop---tell them you are far to stupid to own one,and demand your money
    back.

    Aquanaut, Jan 20, 2005