    attached station (sas) connector and the switch contains a dual
    attached station (das)?

    thanks a lot

    Paul Jawlinski, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Paul Jawlinski

    AnyBody43 Guest

    (Paul Jawlinski) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Is it possible to connect a fddi network card with a cisco
    > WS-C2924C-XL-EN switch? The fddi netoword card contains a single
    > attached station (sas) connector and the switch contains a dual
    > attached station (das)?
    >
    > thanks a lot

    No.

    WS-C2924C-XL-EN is an Ethernet switch and has no FDDI ports.

    The fiber ports are 100BaseFX (Ethernet).

    You need a FDDI - Ethernet Translational Bridge.

    The Cisco catalyst 5000 could be configured as such a device,
    at substantial cost.

    Alternatively:
    Cisco WS-C1201 Catalyst 1200 8-Port 10Base-T Switch w/ 1511 A/B FDDI Uplink

    or:
    Catalyst 2820 has 24 switched 10BaseT ports and two high-speed
    expansion slots. Field-installable modules provide configuration,
    wiring, and backbone flexibility with a choice of 100BaseT, FDDI,
    and ATM modules.

    I would doubt that Cisco make FDDI equipment now.

    AnyBody43, Jul 19, 2004